Acetyl L-Carnitine 500 mg
More stable and better absorbed than L-Carnitine
Availability : is available
Certificate of Analysis
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC) is the acetyl derivative of the amino acid L-Carnitine. It's the most effective nutrient for maintaining optimal cell metabolism:
● ALC improves cognitive ability in healthy humans (attention, visual coordination, reflexes, speed in executing intellectual tasks) (Lino et al, 1992).
● ALC improves cognitive function, emotional state and social behaviour in patients suffering from age-associated memory deficiency (Cipolli and Chiari, 1990). These improvements continue long after supplementation ceases (Vecchi et al, 1991).
● ALC reduces symptoms of depression and improves perception of quality of life (Bella et al, 1990; Garzya et al, 1990).
● ALC delays cognitive deterioration in patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease. NB:This study used a dose of 2.5 grams/day over 3 months (Sano et al, 1992), a result confirmed by several other studies.
● ALC improves symptoms of senility (Bonavita, 1986; (Cucinotta et al, 1988). 2 grams of ALC/day improves behaviour, memory tests, attention and verbalisation) (University of Parma, Passeri et al, 1990).
● ALC improves cerebral circulation in patients with cerebrovascular insufficiency (Postiglione et al, 1990) (Rosadini et al, 1988)
● ALC reduces the formation of lipofuscin, (a potassium build up in the brain, heart, lung and skin cells,which inhibits function and is responsible for “liver spots.” It also reduces existing lipofuscin deposits. (Kohjimoto, 1988; Amenta et al, 1989).
According to three studies published recently by Dr Ames and his research team at the University of California, Berkeley, ALC, combined with R-lipoic acid, rejuvenates elderly rats and could have the same effect on ageing humans. “After one month's supplementation, the old, lethargic rats became full of energy. The results were equivalent to a 75 or 80 year old person acting as if they were middle-aged!” For further details of these exciting studies, see . Many studies suggest that several months' supplementation produces considerable cognitive benefits, and highlight the neuro-protective role of ALC on the cholinergic system. Individuals looking to delay cerebral ageing take high doses of this important nutrient.
Take 2 to 6 capsules per day on an empty stomach, or as advised by your qualified health consultant.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.