Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG) 1000 mg
Improved form of arginine with higher bioavailability
Availability : is available
Certificate of Analysis
Arginine is an essential amino acid. Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG) is to arginine what caviar is to lumpfish roe : greater efficacy from a smaller amount with much better bioavailability. In supplement form it is used to:
- Control hypertension: arginine is the only precursor of nitric oxide (NO) which maintains arterial elasticity. Arginine also helps produce endothelial-derived relaxing factor' which is essential for the arteries to dilate and contract with each heartbeat.
- Promote haemodilation: AKG produces more NO and for longer, which in turn increases blood flow and helps transport oxygen and nutrients to cells
- Improve male and female libido and response to sexual stimuli: stimulated by AKG, NO specifically increases blood flow in the genital area - like the drug Viagra, but at a lower cost and without risks or side-effects.
A double-blind study of 93 women reporting a lack of sexual desire showed an improvement in 62% of subjects after 4 weeks' supplementation (ML Polan, Stanford School of Medicine, Journal of Women's Health and Gender-Based Medicine).
- Promote the release of growth hormone into the circulation by the pituitary gland. Growth hormone encourages anabolic metabolism and helps maintain the level of protein synthesis. It has a beneficial effect on a number of parameters of ageing.
- Encourage wound-healing and repair tissue damaged by injury or trauma.
Recommended use: Take three to twelve tablets a day, as required, or as advised by your therapist.
Precaution: Do not take if you suffer from herpes.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.