A functional, bioavailable and ultra-powerful antioxidant
Availability : is available
Oxidative stress is widely associated with health problems linked to lifestyle. Acute oxidative stress produces serious damage to tissues and constant exposure to oxidative stress is the cause of many common diseases (diabetes, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis and cancer) as well as the aging process as a whole.
• Molecular hydrogen (H2) is widely credited in the scientific literature as one of the most effective antioxidants at trapping free radicals. Leading biology and medical journals have catalogued its reported physiological effects in almost forty diseases.
• Active Hydrogen is an exclusive, patented and completely natural blend of pre-activated minerals. As such, it is distinct from synthetic formulations or procedures such as electrolysis that produce active hydrogen.
A potent reductive agent
• Redox potential, or ORP, is a measure of a substance’s capacity to oxidise or reduce another substance. It is measured in millivolts (mV). A positive redox potential indicates that the substance is an oxidant, while a negative redox potential suggests it is reductive. The more negative the redox potential, the more reductive the compound will be.
• The redox potential of Active Hydrogen has been evaluated at -800mV, a significantly negative figure which explains its extraordinary antioxidant properties.
Strong alkalinising effect
• pH (potential Hydrogen) is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a compound. Studies have shown that taking Active Hydrogen produced fast and lasting increases in pH, thus counteracting the chronic metabolic acidosis that affects most populations in the West.
• Active Hydrogen therefore has extensive preventative and therapeutic properties:
- it helps reduce oxidative stress;
- it easily penetrates cell membranes and protects nuclear and mitochondrial DNA;
- it prevents decreases in cellular levels of ATP produced in the mitochondria;
- it complements the antioxidant effects of vitamins C and E and glutathione;
- it has an anti-fatigue effect and thus increases physical and mental energy;
- it increases stamina during exercise by reducing lactic acid production;
- and even though its mechanisms of action have yet to be fully determined, it regulates various gene expressions.
• Recent studies conducted in Japan have shown that supplementing with molecular hydrogen-enriched water :
- improves glucose tolerance and may therefore help prevent type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance;
This exclusive blend of pre-activated minerals in the form of carbonates, citrates and silicate (magnesium citrate and potassium citrate tribasic and monohydrate, potassium borate and potassium silicate) is totally free from toxicity. Active Hydrogen can therefore be recommended for the whole family, even young children. Taking three capsules a day also provides 20% of the recommended daily amount (RDA) of magnesium and 18.65% of the RDA of potassium.
- improves lipid metabolism by reducing LDL-cholesterol and lipoprotein oxidation;
- increases plasma levels of adiponectin, a beneficial hormone produced by adipose tissue which regulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism;
- improves extracellular levels of Superoxide Dismutase (SoD) ;
- reduces hepatic oxidative stress and fatty liver;
- stimulates energy metabolism and thus combats obesity;
- promotes mitochondrial energy by reducing oxidative stress (the mitochondria being the main source of oxidative stress) ;
- decreases inflammatory and allergic reactions.
Active Hydrogen can be taken alongside other antioxidants with a high ORAC value, such as AntiOxidant Synergy or L-Ergothioneine.
adults. Take 1 to 3 capsules a day or as advised by your therapist.
Each capsule should be taken with a large glass of water.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.