Trans-Resveratrol 100 mg
Natural trans-resveratrol supplement
Extract of Hu Zhang root, the richest source of trans-resveratrol.
Associated with anti-ageing (disease-prevention, reduced inflammation, decrease in mortality).
Availability : is available
Resveratrol is a phenolic compound and part of the family of flavonoids, known for their powerful antioxidant activity. It can inhibit production of eicosanoids such as prostaglandins, thromboxanes and leucotrienes, compounds involved in inflammatory reactions and platelet aggregation.
Since the 1990s, the potential health benefits of resveratrol have been the subject of hundreds of studies. In particular, they have shown that resveratrol:
- interferes with a number of mechanisms involved in the development of cardiovascular disease:
- due to its antioxidant potency, it protects lipids from peroxidative damage and, in a dose-dependent manner, prevents oxidated LDL from entering the vascular wall (a key stage in the development of atherosclerosis),
- it appears to reduce secretion of VLDL by the liver, thus preventing hepatic metabolism of lipoproteins,
- it stops proliferation of cells in the blood vessels which restrict the lumen;
- it prevents many stages of carcinogenesis. It appears to fight cancer in a number of ways, from blocking oestrogens to modulating genes. It combats a many cancers both in terms of prevention and treatment. It destroys cancer cells and boosts certain chemotherapies;
- its anti-inflammatory action is as effective as that of the drug prednisone, with the additional benefit of providing free radical protection. It inhibits the release of inflammatory cytokines in obstructive pulmonary disease, making it an effective treatment for this lung disorder;
- it protects the brain from free radical attack and from beta-amyloid neurotoxicity;
- in yeast, it activates a longevity gene'. Its effects mimic those of caloric restriction, the only proven way to increase maximum lifespan;
- in obese mice, it prevented the negative effects of a high-calorie diet and increased their survival rate. It improved glucose tolerance and fasting glycaemia, though it did not affect their weight;
- in animals, it boosted the exercise capacity of their muscles and protected them from insulin resistance induced by their diet and obesity.
As a result of its protective properties and anti-ageing effects, resveratrol is a very popular antioxidant nutritional supplement. To obtain maximum benefit, choose the most active form - trans-resveratrol. This is available either as a supplement on its own or combined with other antioxidants as in the formulation . A resveratrol-like compound called may also be of interest. With very similar chemical structures, resveratrol and pterostilbene share many attributes including significant antioxidant potency. These antioxidant effects are offered by the formulation which contains both these compounds.
Take 1 to 2 capsules a day or as advised by your therapist.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.