Natural Curcuma 500 mg 500 mg
Standardized extract containing 95% curcuminoids.
Availability : is available
So many studies have shown benefits from curcumin supplementation that a number of pharmaceutical laboratories are trying to patent synthetic products which mimic its mechanisms of action!
Curcumin is a potent antioxidant with a range of health benefits including helping to protect the body from cancer:
- It protects cells from free radicals through various mechanisms; in vitro, it even protects bacteria from lethal doses of radiation
- It stimulates the immune system in general, as well as in a localised way
- It regulates expression of nuclear kappa beta factor, a growth factor for cancerous cells and in vitro, inhibits the proliferation of prostatic cancerous cells
- It blocks oestrogen-like xenobiotic carcinogens such as the herbicide Paraquat, nitrosamines and certain solvents
- It inhibits cyclooxygenase (COX) and lipooxygenase (LOX), two inflammatory enzymes instrumental in the development of certain cancers, particularly colon cancer
- It has a similar level of anti-inflammatory efficacy as aspirin
- In vitro, it induces apoptosis (programmed death) of cancerous cells more effectively than selenium, vitamin A, vitamin D3 or green tea
- In vitro, it stops the proliferation of cancerous cells at stage 2 of their development
- It helps inhibit angiogenesis (development of blood vessels which feed tumours) by interfering with the enzymes AP-1 and metalloproteinases
- It's effective at protecting against viruses (its traditional use) and in vitro, inhibits replication of HIV in chronically-infected cells
- It inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation which leads to heart attacks
- It reduces cholesterol by stimulating bile secretion
- It reduces excess wind (bloating) in the stomach and intestines
Take 1 to 5 capsules a day at mealtimes or as advised by your therapist.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.