Natural blood pressure regulator
Promotes relaxation and dilation of blood vessels.
Contains natural ingredients studied for their effects on hypertension.
Availability : is available
+Certificate of Analysis
Tensix contains essential nutrients and natural ingredients which act synergistically to help regulate blood pressure. They promote relaxation and dilation of blood vessels as well as renal excretion of sodium, protect against free radicals, and inhibit ACE (angiotensine converting enzyme) activity and production, all mechanisms likely to improve blood pressure.
¤ Studies have shown that :
- fish peptides (Tensideal®) exert a hypotensive effect comparable to that of captopril - a drug widely-used to treat high blood pressure - but without its side-effects. Tensideal® fish peptides act by inhibiting the action of ACE, thus restricting production of angiotensine II, a powerful vasoconstrictor, and as a result, lowering blood pressure. Supplementing with fish peptides for 13 weeks resulted in a clear improvement in blood pressure in mildly hypertensive subjects;
- according to scientific experts, magnesium (magnesium ascorbate) is a natural inhibitor of calcium which counteracts calcium-induced constriction of blood vessels, thus lowering blood pressure. Incidence of hypertension and cardiac problems is lower in populations with a high consumption of magnesium-rich foods. Daily supplementation with magnesium has been shown to reduce blood pressure ;
- potassium (potassium ascorbate) stimulates renal excretion of sodium. In hypertensive subjects, increasing potassium consumption is associated with a decrease in blood pressure ;
- vitamin C protects endothelial function. Daily supplementation for three months significantly lowered systolic blood pressure in hypertensive subjects ;
- arginine alpha-ketoglutarate is more bioavailable than arginine, the precursor of nitric oxide. The latter is synthesized in the epithelial cells of artery walls, and exerts a vasodilatory effect, essential for lowering blood pressure ;
- hawthorn leaf extract is believed to affect blood pressure by relaxing and dilating the blood vessels. In mildly-hypertensive subjects, three months' supplementation resulted in a lowering of blood pressure. In diabetics receiving medication to lower blood pressure and/or blood sugar, supplementation had a hypotensive effect ;
- celery seed extract contains ingredients which dilate the blood vessels. They lower blood concentrations of stress hormones which cause the blood vessels to constrict.
Take three tablets over 24 hours, or as advised by your therapist.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.