NADH 5 mg
Naturally stimulates the neurotransmitters dopamine, noradrenalin and serotonin
Availability : is available
Certificate of Analysis
NADH, or nicotinamide adenine nucleotide, is an important co-factor which supports the work of enzymes throughout the body. In particular, it plays a vital role in the production of energy within each cell. It also contributes to the production of L-dopa, which is subsequently converted into dopamine, an important neurotransmitter.
Studies have evaluated the potential of NADH in alleviating jet lag, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease and chronic fatigue syndrome, and also as a nutritional sports supplement.
These studies have shown that giving NADH:
- to patients with Parkinson's disease, induced an increase in dopamine. It also generated improvements in motor skills, walking, posture and speech as well cognitive and emotional improvement in some patients;
- to people suffering from depression, had a beneficial effect in 93% of patients. This is because NADH increases levels of dopamine and noradrenalin in the brain. It may also be assumed that, because of its participation in the production of the energy molecule ATP, it is able to restore energy to the brain;
- to Alzheimer's patients, prevented the disease from progressing and improved cognitive and behavioural problems. An increase in brain dopamine/noradrenalin activity was also observed;
- to long distance runners and cyclists, significantly improved their performance and stimulated their mental capacity and alertness;
- to footballers, increased alertness, concentration and ability to react to stress. Their blood levels of L-dopa and noradrenalin also increased;
- to individuals on a long-haul flight, counteracted the effects of jetlag and improved their alertness and mental function.
Take one capsule a day (or as advised by your therapist), with water, in the morning, on an empty stomach. Wait 30 minutes before eating.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.