Neem Extract 500 mg
Azadirachta indica extract 10:1, antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying applications !
Availability : is available
Certificate of Analysis
The Neem is an Indian tree attracting worldwide interest which has been the subject of three international conferences in the last 10 years (for more details see ). Mahatma Gandhi was one of Neem's strongest advocates: he led prayers under a Neem tree and every day ate Neem leaf chutney. For the record, following a long and sustained campaign led by India, the European Office of Patents has finally revoked a patent registered by the multinational W.R. Grace. Until now, this patent had meant Indians were not free to make use of Neem resources. Its annulment strikes a lethal blow to bio-piracy organized by the pharmaceutical industry (more than 70 patents' had been registered to monopolise Neem and its health applications). Ayurvedic tradition, supported by modern science, shows that:
1. Neem, which purifies the blood' and detoxifies the body, is good for maintaining healthy skin, and in particular, for treating eczema, athlete's foot, candida and acne.
2. It has antibacterial activity against staphylococcus aureus, a common source of food poisoning and urinary infections, and salmonella. A 0.2% concentration of Neem had the same anti-bacterial effect as penicillin G.
3. It has an antiviral effect on smallpox, hepatitis B and herpes.
4. Its antiseptic qualities help to prevent periodontal diseases (it is a common ingredient in toothpaste).
5. It has anti-inflammatory activity comparable to that of aspirin (by inhibiting prostaglandins).
6. It exerts immuno-modulatory activity on Th-1 lymphocytes and is considered a potent stimulant of the immune system.
7. It has a powerful hypoglycaemic effect, beneficial both to those suffering from Type I diabetes (insulin-dependent) and Type II (known as fat diabetes), through as yet unidentified mechanisms.
8. Studies on guinea pigs and rabbits show it has a significant and dose-dependent hypotensive effect.
Take one vegetarian capsule three times a day or as suggested by your therapist.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.