Shark Liver Oil 500 mg
Shark liver oil standardized 20% Alkylglycerols
Availability : is available
Certificate of Analysis
Alkylglycerols (AKGs) are a family of compounds with a significant role in the immune system. They were identified in 1922 by Japanese researchers and then studied in the fifties by Swedish scientists, under the direction of Dr. Astrid Brohult. Clinical research on AKGs showed that:
- They improve, in a general manner, the immune system's defenses.
- They reduce the side effects of chemo and radiotherapies, including the severe drop in leucocyte count.
- They minimize the incidence and the effects of colds, flus and infectious diseases; they improve healing and they stimulate the response to inflammatory diseases such as asthma, psoriasis and arthritis.
- They chelate (bind to) heavy metals such as mercury, pesticides and toxins and speed up their evacuation from the organism.
- They have an antitumour activity and can be used like an adjuvant therapy in some types of cancers.
Shark's liver oil is the richest natural source of AKGs. Sharks sometimes live for more than 100 years. Their resistance to infections and tumours has always surprised scientists. The liver of the Greenland shark (Somniosus microcephalus
)represents up to one-third of its weight, which allows one to procure as much as 450 liters of oil. This population of sharks is particularly healthy and abundant and is by no means threatened by deep sea fishing, of which they are only a by-product.
Shark Liver Oil is a pharmaceutical grade product from which all undesirable elements have been removed (including the liposoluble vitamins A and D). It is standardized to contain at least 20% Alkylglycerols.
Take 3 or 4 softgels per day at meal times or upon the advice of your therapist.
Warning: Do not take Shark Liver Oil if you are allergic to fish.Contains traces of soya.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.