Spirulina 498.5 mg
A Super Food
Availability : is available
Spirulina is part of the blue-green group of microalgae or unicellular cyanobacteria capable of photosynthesis. Formerly called blue algae, it is now known as spirulina because of its spiral shape.
Like all algae (kelp, nori, kombu, wakame, chlorella …), spirulina is considered a ‘superfood’ or ‘miracle food’, because of its high nutrient content. It is also used in the developing world to combat malnutrition.
Spirulina has long been recognised for its abundance of high quality, fully bioavailable proteins. They actually make up 60-70% of its dry weight and provide almost every amino acid.
Spirulina is also an essential source of:
• numerous vitamins (including B12, C, E…) ;
• minerals and trace elements such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium and iron;
• sulphur compounds and absorbable SOD;
• lipids – particularly gamma-linolenic acid, an omega-6;
• natural plant pigments such as green chlorophyll, blue phycocyanin (16% of its total weight) and orange carotenoids (a mix of primarily beta carotene, with cryptoxanthin, lutein and zeaxanthin).
This unique composition offers multiple health benefits:
• active and balanced immune defences due to sulpholipids and sulphated polysaccharides, which are potential monocyte activators;
• healthy blood pressure;
• regulation of blood lipid levels, particularly cholesterol;
• protection against oxidative stress, through the presence of a unique blue pigment, phycocyanin, particularly in cases of diabetic nephropathy;
• detoxification of heavy metals, as is the case with chlorella;
• improved recovery following sporting activity, due to decreased oxidative stress and muscle soreness;
• preservation of microbiota;
• relief from allergic rhinitis;
• regeneration of bone marrow cells;
• and conversion of phycocyanin into phycocyanobilin, a bilirubin-like antioxidant which protects cardiovascular health.
The considerable number of research studies and clinical trials conducted on spirulina across the world continue to expand the realm of its potential benefits.
Spirulina is thus a vital dietary supplement for all the family, recommended in particular for:
• vegetarians and vegans; Optimal quality guaranteed
• pregnant women;
• growing children and adolescents;
• those suffering from overwork;
• convalescents and chronic fatigue sufferers;
• older people in order to reduce their risk of so-called lifestyle diseases.
Depending on the environment and method of cultivation used, spirulina – like chlorella – can be subject to serious pollution (from heavy metals, bromine, radioactive compunds, and various pollutants …).
The spirulina sold by Supersmart is the product of strictly-controlled aquaculture from the world’s top spirulina producer, Parry Organic Spirulina.
It is therefore completely safe to consume, and is guaranteed to produce optimal efficacy.
adults. Take 8 tablets a day.
Each tablet contains 498.5 mg spirulina.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.