Methylcobalamine 1 mg
The most active form of vitamin B12, used primarily to regenerate neurons.
Availability : is available
Certificate of Analysis
Methylcobalamine is the form of vitamin B12 used primarily to regenerate neurons and the myelin sheath which protects the nerves. It offers benefits in the prevention or treatment of neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathies and Alzheimer's disease.
In particular, research has shown that methylcobalamine :
- protects the brain from the damaging effects of glutamate, nitric oxide and low oxygen and blood sugar levels. Glutamate and nitric oxide toxicity is characteristic of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases;
- protects the neurons of patients with Parkinson's disease from the glutamate toxicity caused by their high-dose L-dopa treatment;
- promotes nerve regeneration and slows the progress of neurodegenerative diseases;
- relieves the symptoms of facial paralysis;
- boosts the activity of Natural Killer Cells and T lymphocytes which are important in combating viruses and cancers.
¤ In Japan, methylcobalamine in nutritional supplement form is approved for the treatment of anaemia.
Almost 350 studies have been published on methylcobalamine, demonstrating its benefits in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. Its mechanism of action is such that it may slow the progress of diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis for which there is currently no effective treatment. This natural and inexpensive alternative should, at least in a complementary capacity, form part of the management of most neurological diseases.
Take one sublingual tablet a day for preventive purposes, or more if advised by your therapist.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.