Niacinamide 500 mg
Niacinamide nutritional supplement
Form of vitamin B3.
Effective against hyperlipidaemia and hypercholesterolaemia.
Used in the prevention of diabetes, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Availability : is available
+Certificate of Analysis
Niacinamide, or nicotinamide, is one of two forms of vitamin B3, the other being niacin.
Niacinamide is essential for hundreds of enzymatic reactions; research has shown its benefits in arthritis, asthma, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stress and stroke.
- has been recognized for over 50 years for its benefits in the treatment of arthritis. It improves joint mobility and severity of arthritis in general, allowing doses of anti-inflammatory drugs to be lowered;
- in diabetics, delays the destruction of insulin-producing pancreatic cells, prevents cell damage and improves regeneration, reduces levels of glycated haemoglobin and improves parameters of glycaemia. It improves the condition of alcoholics suffering from chronic pancreatitis;
- together with niacin, has been used since 1940 to treat a number of psychiatric diseases, in particular, schizophrenia;
- is used to treat various inflammatory skin conditions and pigmentation disorders;
- reduces the psychological effects of stress and anxiety;
- represents a potentially effective treatment for adolescent behavioural problems;
- helps stabilize the ATP/ADP ratio in the brain, and as a result, energy levels.
Gene therapy research has also increased interest in niacinamide: a gene promoting longevity called Sir2 (silent information regulator 2) produces a protein, Sir2p, which extends the lifespan of cells. It controls the rate of cell ageing by regulating production of genetic waste products' the accumulation of which destroys the cell. This protein is dependent for its activity on the intracellular presence of nicotinamide-adenine-dinucleotide (NAD). Niacinamide supplementation helps to directly increase intracellular NAD levels and thus the activity of the anti-ageing protein Sir2p. Niacinamide is thus emerging as a first-generation tool in anti-ageing gene therapy.
This safe, effective and inexpensive nutrient represents an essential element of your anti-ageing programme.
Take three or four capsules a day with meals.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.