PABA 600 mg
Para-amino benzoic acid, physiological dose.
Availability : is available
Para-amino benzoic acid (PABA) is a natural, water-soluble co-factor of the B group vitamins. An antioxidant, it can neutralize singlet oxygen and block the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays.
At doses ranging from 0.5 to 3 g a day, PABA:
- appears to slow, and in some cases, even reverse, crosslinking in the protein structure of connective tissues such as collagen. The process of glycation responsible for this crosslinking seems to play a vital role in the development of fibrotic diseases such as Peyronie's disease, Dupuytrens contracture or scleroderma. This is also the case for skin diseases such as dermatitis herpetiformis or vitiligo. In all cases, administration of PABA has shown beneficial effects;
- as an antioxidant, it provides protection against atmospheric pollutants such as cigarette smoke or ozone which damage cell membranes and structures by producing oxidative stress;
- it promotes cell membrane fluidity;
- it increases joint flexibility,
- it restores the original colour to grey hair in 10 to 25% of cases.
Take between one and five tablets a day, as required, spread out between three meals.
Do not take more than 3g of PABA a day without medical supervision.
Do not take PABA alongside sulphur-containing nutrients (MSM or NAC) or drugs (sulfa) as it inactivates them.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.