Super EPA, an excellent source of omega 3
The benefits of supplementing with omega 3 essential fatty acids and docosahexaenoic acid have been recognised for some time : (see and ). Supplementation has become essential since a growing reliance on farmed fish, as well as modern cooking methods, means you would have to eat 900g sole a day to obtain an adequate amount of omega 3. Supplements provide powerful, scientifically-proven cardiovascular protection as well as significant anti-inflammatory benefits, particularly for arthritis sufferers. DHA is the main component of brain cell membranes. In addition, supplementing with omega 3 significantly improves capacity for learning and memorising. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) has long been used to treat hypertriglyceridaemia and hypercholesterolaemia., but new applications for EPA are now emerging: In his book Guerir' (The Instinct to Heal'), David Servan-Schreiber recommends specific EPA supplementation for people suffering from depression or emotional instability. His recommendations are based on several scientific studies:
- Levels of EPA are lower in those with depression than normal people
- The greater the deficiency, the more severe the symptoms
- Fewer cases of depression are found where diets contain more omega 3
- A number of clinical studies show a rapid and significant improvement in symptoms of depression following a few weeks' EPA supplementation including among patients who have failed to respond to conventional treatments.
- A Harvard study on women with unstable, difficult mood swings found that after 8 weeks' supplementation, they experienced a significant improvement in mood, and were much less aggressive and more sociable.
Take three softgels a day at mealtimes, or as advised by your therapist. Continue with this dose for three months, and then adjust according to results obtained.
Each softgel contains around 285 mg EPA and 39.19 mg of DHA.
Warning: Product derived from fish.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.