Super EPA, an excellent source of omega 3
The benefits of supplementing with omega 3 essential fatty acids and docosahexaenoic acid have been recognised for some time : (see and ). Supplementation has become essential since a growing reliance on farmed fish, as well as modern cooking methods, means you would have to eat 900g sole a day to obtain an adequate amount of omega 3. Supplements provide powerful, scientifically-proven cardiovascular protection as well as significant anti-inflammatory benefits, particularly for arthritis sufferers. DHA is the main component of brain cell membranes. In addition, supplementing with omega 3 significantly improves capacity for learning and memorising. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) has long been used to treat hypertriglyceridaemia and hypercholesterolaemia., but new applications for EPA are now emerging: In his book Â‘Guerir' (Â‘The Instinct to Heal'), David Servan-Schreiber recommends specific EPA supplementation for people suffering from depression or emotional instability. His recommendations are based on several scientific studies:
- Levels of EPA are lower in those with depression than normal people
- The greater the deficiency, the more severe the symptoms
- Fewer cases of depression are found where diets contain more omega 3
- A number of clinical studies show a rapid and significant improvement in symptoms of depression following a few weeks' EPA supplementation including among patients who have failed to respond to conventional treatments.
- A Harvard study on women with unstable, difficult mood swings found that after 8 weeks' supplementation, they experienced a significant improvement in mood, and were much less aggressive and more sociable.
Take three softgels a day at mealtimes, or as advised by your therapist. Continue with this dose for three months, and then adjust according to results obtained.
Each softgel contains around 285â€¯mg EPA and 39.19 mg of DHA.
Warning: Product derived from fish.
Precautions: Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not replace a varied, balanced diet. Keep out of childrens' reach. Store away from direct light, heat and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, you should consult a health professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a health problem.