Beta-Ecdysterone 265 mgIncreasing muscle mass is a well-researched area in the domain of competitive sport and endurance, but muscle mass is also important for older people at risk of cachexia, or younger, overweight individuals who want to get the most out of a moderate exercise programme..
¤ Beta-ecdysterone (or 20-hydroxyecdysone) is an active principle found in
Rhaponticum carthamoides, Suma and Cyanotis vaga. The majority of ecdysterone studies to date have been conducted in Eastern Europe and Russia. They conclude that its effects are comparable to those of a mild anabolic or androgenic drug - it has a stereochemical analogue structure but without any of the unpleasant side effects. Due to its very high cost and the relatively large amounts needed (one gram per day), beta-ecdysterone is found in some of the most doctored and fake products on the market. The excellent quality of the extract sold by Supersmart is, of course, guaranteed.
¤ Human and animal studies have shown reproducible results in terms of muscle strength and gain. The Russian studies have been replicated at the Centre for Biotechnology in New Jersey. Tested on human muscle cells, beta-ecdysterone was shown to increase protein synthesis by 20%. It also produced improvements in insulin function resulting in an appreciable reduction in fat mass.
¤ Beta-ecdysterone is mainly recommended for:
- increasing muscle mass and the ratio of lean muscle to fat. A recent study of 80 athletes showed a gain of 6 to 7% in muscle mass and a 9 to 10% loss in fat mass after only two weeks' supplementation.
- protecting the cardiovascular system by improving nutrient supply to the brain and muscles ;
- combatting fatigue (an adaptogenic effect) as well as the negative effects on the immune system that can result from intense physical exercise ;
- improving stamina, speed and recovery in trained athletes ;
- increasing sperm motility, and enhancing testosterone production and metabolism, but without any androgenic side effects.
|Daily dose : 4 capsules
Number of doses per box : 15
|Amount per dose
|Beta-ecdysterone (from 1060 mg Cyanotis vaga extract standardised to 95 % beta-ecdysterone)
||1 000 mg
|Other ingredients : Acacia gum, rice flour.
Directions for use
Adults. Take two to four capsules a day, or as advised by your therapist.
Each capsule contains 250 mg beta-ecdysterone.
Beta-ecdysterone should be combined with high biological value protein, in the region of one to two grams per kilo of lean mass per day.