Diosmin Plus is a flavonoid supplement standardised to 80% diosmin, a natural compound with powerful venotonic properties. It is designed to naturally reduce symptoms of venous insufficiency and improve circulation throughout the body.
Its enhanced bioavailability (the diosmin is 4-10 times better absorbed than standard supplements) makes it, along with the famous VeinoMax, one of the best natural venotonics available.
Who is Diosmin Plus aimed at?
Diosmin Plus is for all those affected by any of the following:
- Venous insufficiency and circulation problems. This condition is characterised by a defect in the nervous system, specifically in the veins’ valves which enable blood to be transported back up the legs. The consequent pooling of blood produces unpleasant symptoms such as pain and a feeling of heavy, swollen legs. It subsequently leads to the formation of varicosities, varicose veins and sometimes even varicose ulcers and eczema. A number of clinical trials have confirmed the efficacy of bioflavonoids, particularly diosmin, for reducing symptoms of venous insufficiency and improving the circulation (1).
- ‘Economy class’ syndrome. Those who spend too long confined in a sitting position often develop abnormal swelling in the legs and microangiopathy. This can be prevented or reduced by taking a diosmin supplement.
- Haemorrhoids. Several clinical trials have shown that diosmin can reduce the pain and bleeding of haemorrhoids (2).
What is in Diosmin Plus?
Diosmin Plus primarily contains diosmin, a flavonoid pigment found in certain citrus fruits (3-4) and plant species of the rutaceae family.
It’s an active compound that has been used therapeutically for more than 40 years to treat chronic venous insufficiency and is recognised for its venotonic and vasotonic properties. It’s associated with strengthening blood vessel walls, increasing venous tone and normalising capillary permeability.
What makes Diosmin Plus such an exceptional venotonic?
Once ingested, it is rapidly converted into diosmetin by enzymes in the gut microflora. The diosmetin is then absorbed across the intestinal wall to be converted in the bloodstream into its more active metabolite: 3, 7-O-diglucuronide (5-6).
Unfortunately, most flavonoids – and diosmin is no exception – are not very soluble, which significantly reduces their absorption through the gastrointestinal wall (7).
To rectify this problem, Supersmart has employed three innovative, high-tech processes:
- Micronisation, ie, reducing the particle size of the active principle. This increases its rate of dissolution and that of the contact surface with the intestinal epithelium.
- The use of a buffer system which increases the conversion of diosmin into diosmetin in the gastrointestinal cavity.
- Granulation, a clustering process which promotes its circulation in blood vessels.
This approach produces a diosmin supplement which is much more absorbable than standard micronised supplements. Two studies have demonstrated that Diosmin Plus is 4-10 times more bioavailable compared with conventional micronised diosmin supplements (8-9).
How should Diosmin Plus be taken?
The most common dose for diosmin is 300mg-900mg, ie 1-3 capsules a day.
It is sometimes combined with hesperidin for treating vein problems or relieving heavy leg syndrome during and post-menopause.
Diosmin is extremely well tolerated and safe to use.
Written : Avril 2019.
- Gohel MS, Davies AH. Pharmacological treatment in patients with C4, C5 and C6 venous disease. Phlebology. 2010 Oct;25 Suppl 1:35-41.
- Annoni F, Boccasanta P, et al. [Treatment of acute symptoms of hemorrhoid disease with high-dose oral O-(beta-hydroxyethyl)-rutosides]. Minerva Med 1986;77(37):1663-1668.
- Marín, F.R.; Del Río, J.A. Selection of hybrids and edible citrus species with a high content in the diosmin
- functional compound. Modulating effect of plant growth regulators on contents. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2001,
- 49, 3356–3362
- Caristi, C.; Bellocco, E.; Panzera, V.; Toscano, G.; Vadalà, R.; Leuzzi, U. Flavonoids detection by HPLC-DAD-MS-MS in lemon juices from Sicilian cultivars. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2003, 51, 3528–3534.
- Patel, K.; Gadewar, M.; Tahilyani, V.; Patel, D.K. A review on pharmacological and analytical aspects of diosmetin: A concise report. Chin. J. Integr. Med. 2013, 19, 792–800.
- Silvestro, L.; Tarcomnicu, I.; Dulea, C.; Attili, N.R.; Ciuca, V.; Peru, D.; Rizea Savu, S. Confirmation of diosmetin 3-O-glucuronide as major metabolite of diosmin in humans, using micro-liquid-chromatography-mass spectrometry and ion mobility mass spectrometry. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 2013, 405, 8295–8310
- Garner, R.C.; Garner, J.V.; Gregory, S.; Whattam, M.; Calam, A.; Leong, D. Comparison of the absorption of micronized (Daflon 500 mg) and nonmicronized 14C-diosmin tablets after oral administration to healthy volunteers by accelerator mass spectrometry and liquid scintillation counting. J. Pharm. Sci. 2002, 91, 32–40
- Russo R, Mancinelli A, Ciccone M, Terruzzi F, Pisano C, Severino L. Pharmacokinetic Profile of µSMIN Plus™, a new Micronized Diosmin Formulation, after Oral Administration in Rats. Nat Prod Commun. 2015 Sep;10(9):1569-72.
- Russo, R., Chandradhara, D., & De Tommasi, N. (2018). Comparative Bioavailability of Two Diosmin Formulations after Oral Administration to Healthy Volunteers. Molecules, 23(9), 2174. doi:10.3390/molecules23092174
|Daily dose: 3 capsules
Number of doses per pack: 30
|Amount per dose
| µSMIN® Plus (Flavonoid complex standardised to 90% total flavonoids and 80% diosmin)
| White rice bran, acacia gum. |
µSMIN® Plus, GIELLEPI S.P.A., Italy.
Directions for useDiosmin Plus
Adults. Take 3 capsules a day. Each capsule contains 300 mg of µSMIN® Plus.
Natural Progesterone is the first progesterone cream with a liposomal penetration system. This method provides a faster absorption of the active ingredients in the body. Natural Progesterone is indicated for reducing symptoms related to hormonal imbalances.
How does Natural Progesterone works?
Liposomes are lipidic micro-spheres which help transfer active ingredients through the skin layers much more easily than the large molecules found in traditional creams. Thus, when the cream is applied to the skin, natural Progesterone is quickly absorbed into the subcutaneous fat, then more slowly into the blood stream without being intercepted by the liver. After a few weeks' use, the blood levels of Progesterone return to normal and are stabilized due to the hospitality of the organism for this natural hormone.
What are the benefits of Natural Progesterone?
Natural Progesterone can correct hormonal imbalances, pre or post-menopausal, as soon as they appear. It contributes to reducing the unpleasant symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menopause. It also helps to prevent osteoporosis: In a study carried out by Dr. J.R. Lee, who, for three years, treated women of an average age of 65 years with an application of a natural Progesterone cream, found their bone density had increased by 15,4%. If during the same period these same women had not been treated, they would have experienced a 4,5% loss in bone density (Lee JR. Is natural Progesterone the missing link in osteoporosis prevention and treatment? Medical hypotheses, 1991, 35 : 316-318 ). Natural Progesterone can also be used to prevent breast and endometrium cancers, cardiovascular diseases, and many other problems associated with female aging.
CompositionNatural Progesterone Cream
Aqua, Aloe barbadensis, Progesterone, Trifolium pratense, Oenothera biennis Oil, tocopherol, Eleutherococcus senticosus, Arctium lappa, Cimicifuga racemosa, Matricaria recutita, Silybum marianum, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter), Lecithin, Allantoin, Glycerin, Vitis vinifera.
Each 56.7 g pot contains 1.16 g of natural progesterone extracted from wild yam, enough for 24-48 applications.
Provides 580 mg of natural progesterone (derived from wild yam extract) per 30 g and 24 mg per quarter teaspoon.
Directions for useNatural Progesterone Cream
Apply twice daily ¼ to ½ teaspoon on neck, chest, behind the knees or the underside of arms or thighs. Avoid the mucous membranes. Change site of application each time. Pre-menopausal women can use the cream daily during the last two weeks of her cycle. Post-menopausal women can alternate two weeks of use and two weeks of abstention. The best results are observed after regular use.