Our dietary supplement ABG10+ is formulated from an extract of black garlic, or matured garlic. Black garlic is so-named because of its charcoal colour and shiny appearance. It is also referred to as matured garlic because it is obtained via a unique process in which whole bulbs of garlic are fermented.
What is Black Garlic and what are its properties?
Developed in Japan in the first decade of this century, this technique consists of leaving the garlic bulbs to ferment in a warm, humid container or environment, usually at a temperature of 60ºC-80ºC and a humidity of 70%-90%. Under these conditions, the garlic bulbs gradually transform as a result of the Maillard reaction – the slow caramelisation of the cloves. Black garlic is popular today both for its distinctive flavour and its exceptional health properties.
Black garlic's organoleptic characteristics and nutritional composition distinguish it from standard raw garlic or aged garlic. Its sweet, melt-in-the-mouth flavour has made it a popular ingredient in Japanese cuisine. It also contains high levels of antioxidants, particularly S-allyl-cysteine; indeed the many health benefits offered by black garlic are due to the presence of this phenolic compound which has been studied extensively in recent years. S-allyl-cysteine has significant antioxidant potency and a cardio-protective effect, which is why our ABG10+ supplement has been specifically formulated to contain one of the highest concentrations of S-allyl-cysteine available in a dietary supplement.
What are the benefits associated with ABG10+ supplement?
S-allyl-cysteine has significant antioxidant potency, that protects cells against free radical damage and cellular ageing, and as a result, plays a key role in protecting vital organs too. Its antioxidant properties and positive effect on the circulation makes S-allyl-cysteine particularly good for protecting the cardiovascular system. With studies showing it may reduce cholesterol deposits in the arteries and so improve blood flow, many scientists are convinced of black garlic's cardio-protective effect.
Since black garlic was first discovered, scientific interest has increased significantly. Researchers are particularly interested in the beneficial effects of S-allyl-cysteine in reducing blood triglycerides and cholesterol, both of which are involved in the onset of physiological problems and cardiovascular disease. Initial studies in this field are opening up promising new perspectives for the preventive and therapeutic use of black garlic.
Our ABG10+ dietary supplement is formulated from a black garlic extract standardised to 0.1% S-allyl-cysteine, one of the most powerful doses available. It is in capsule form, with a recommended dose of two capsules a day.
CompositionABG10+® 125 mg
|Daily dose: 2 capsules
Number of doses per pack: 30
|ABG10+® (extract of aged black garlic standardised to 0.1% S-allyl-cysteine)
||250 mg |
|Other ingredients : acacia gum, white rice bran.
ABG10+®, Pharmactive, Espagne.
Directions for useABG10+® 125 mg
adults. Take 2 capsules a day. Each capsule contains 125 mg ABG10+®
Defense Mix is formulated to stimulate the body’s immune response and combat attacks of all kinds (viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites). It gradually reduces the symptoms of physical and nervous exhaustion which accompany infection, thus promoting a return to overall balance and recovery.
What are the essential oils in Defense Mix?
Each softgel contains a mix of five essential oils, providing a total of 75 different active molecules. This is a long way from the type of synthetic product manufactured in a laboratory which contains just four or five at the most. This carefully-chosen formulation contains the following chemotyped essential oils:
- Oregano with compact inflorescences and essential oil of oregano from Greece, both of which are rich in carvacrol and thymol. These compounds confer a strong anti-infection effect (broad-spectrum anti-bacterial, antiviral and antifungal action) by promoting the destruction of pathogen cell membranes. They also offer exceptional tonic effects (physical, mental and sexual).
- Exotic basil, the chavicol content of which boosts the immune system, and encourages the elimination of harmful bacteria and intestinal worms. It also has significant antiviral properties as well as analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects which are particularly beneficial for relieving headaches and period pains.
- Peppermint, of which the aerial parts, rich in menthol (with its characteristic smell) and menthone, are used. As a result of these compounds, it offers significant pain relief, good for treating shocks, headaches and trauma as well as a wide range of ailments such as shingles, dizziness, neuritis, physical and mental asthenia and various digestive problems.
- Winter savory, obtained from the plant’s flowering tops and rich in carvacrol, thymol and para-cymene, and which has huge pathogen-fighting ability. A powerful antibacterial, it is also used for its exceptional antiviral properties and ability to stimulate immunity. It is also used traditionally as a sexual stimulant.
- Ceylon cinnamon, which is said to offer one of the strongest antimicrobial effects in the aromatic pharmacopoeia. It contains a large percentage of cinnamic aldehyde and eugenol, making it a very broad-spectrum anti-bacterial (from Staphylococcus to Enterobacter, and including the famous Helicobacter pylori), as well as a remarkable antiviral, immune-stimulant, anti-fermentation agent, aphrodisiac, uterine tonic and emmenagogue.
What are the benefits associated with essencial oils?
Contrary to popular belief, phytotherapy is still the most widely-used system of medicine in the world. It has a huge range of therapeutic uses including:
The use of essential oils known as aromatherapy is part of this plant-based medicinal heritage. In recent years, this form of treatment has grown in popularity thanks to luminaries such as René-Maurice Gattefossé, considered to be one of aromatherapy’s founding fathers, and Dr Jean Valnet, who was responsible for significantly expanding research in this area, research which has been followed by a great many scientific figures.
Today, these natural remedies bear no resemblance to the elixir of alchemists, even if we owe these pioneers a debt of gratitude for giving us certain methods of extraction. These therapies are approved by the scientific community, and are hugely popular with those looking for a clean and efficient form of medicine, validated by the experience of our forebears.
Why take Defense Mix?
There are three main reasons for choosing Defense Mix over the essential oils sold in pharmacies:
- The infection-fighting essential oils in Defense Mix have been selected by leading aromatherapy experts for their efficacy. Together, these oils produce additional effects with unexpected synergy, significantly enhancing the ability to combat aggressors.
- Internal use of essential oils is particularly tricky: it requires sound knowledge and even the advice of a qualified therapist as the effects of aromatic compounds can be very powerful. Defense Mix has been the focus of considerable expertise which means you can take it in complete safety, knowing it presents no risk to your health and that the combination of oils has been selected by top health professionals.
- Calculating the correct daily dose and mix of essential oils can be as tedious as it is risky: the slightest error can lead to unwelcome side effects of varying severity. With Defense Mix, there’s no such risk since the ready-to-use softgels contain meticulously-researched doses. It therefore saves precious time and facilitates therapeutic observance. Many are those who lose out on the synergistic effects of essential oils because creating the right blend is too laborious.
CompositionDefense Mix 75 mg
|Daily dose: 2 softgels
Number of doses per pack: 30
|Mix of essential oils
Oil of oregano with compact inflorescences (Origanum compactum)
Oregano from Greece(Origanum heracleoticum)
Exotic basil (Ocimum basilicum)
Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
Winter Savory (Satureja montana)
Ceylon Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
| Other ingredients: rapeseed oil, glycerine, water, tocopherols.|
Directions for useDefense Mix 75 mg
adults. Take 2 softgels a day.
Each softgel contains 75mg of mixed essential oils.
Caution: Do not exceed 9 softgels a day. Not to be taken by pregnant women or children. Do not take more than 9 capsules a day.