Goji Berry Extract Supplement | 500 mg
The health benefits of goji berry have been studied extensively over the last 30 years, primarily in China where it has been declared a 'national treasure' by the Government's Scientific and Technology Commission.
What benefits do studies show about Goji Berry Extract?
- Scientific research has shown that goji berry has anti-tumour and immuno-stimulant properties due to the presence of glycoconjugate polysaccharides.
- In animal studies, goji berry has been shown to boost the immune system by increasing the lymphocyte transformation rate and by improving the phagocytosis function of macrophages. It also boosts the activity of Tlymphocytes, cytotoxic cells and NK (natural killer) cells.
- Volunteers given 50g of goji berry showed an increase in their white cell and IgA (immunoglobulin antibody) levels.
- One study of elderly subjects showed that in 67% of cases, goji berry taken daily for three weeks led to a three-fold increase in lymphocyte T-cell transformation and doubled the activity of white cell interleukin-2. The latter stimulate growth of the immune system's blood cells which protect against cancer cells and microbial invasion.
- Goji berry promotes normal cell growth and helps restore and repair DNA.
- When cancer patients were given either drug therapy alone, or drug therapy combined with goji berry, those receiving the combination treatment showed a better response.
- Other studies have shown that goji berry has a liver-protective effect: the presence of zeaxanthin in goji berry enables it to help protect the liver from toxicity induced by carbon tetrachloride; when rats were given goji berry for five weeks, the polysaccharides in goji berry prevented the development of 'alcoholic liver' induced by alcohol perfusion; in elderly mice, the antioxidant potency of goji berry protected the liver by inhibiting lipid peroxidation of liver cells.
- Polysaccharides lower the risk of cardiovascular disease in diabetic animals. They reduce the oxidation created by permanently-elevated blood glucose levels and decrease lipid peroxidation. They also reduce levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and insulin, thus improving insulin-resistance.
- Goji berry extract protected the brain cells of laboratory animals from the toxic effects of beta-amyloid protein.
|Daily serving: 3 capsules
Number of servings per bottle: 33
| Goji berry extract (the fruit of Lycium barbarum) standardised to provide 40% glycoconjugate polysaccharides composed of rhamnose, xylose, glucose, mannose, arabinose and galactose
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, white rice bran.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 500 mg of goji berry extract.
Directions for use
Take 2 to 3 vegetarian capsules a day on an empty stomach.
If you are taking anti-coagulants, do not take Goji Berry Extract without seeking advice from your therapist.