A powerful and original nutrient, CBD 25mg is emerging as an important natural painkiller: it is aimed at anyone who is exhausted by pain and the impact it has on their everyday life. It is similar to CBD Oil 6% but has a much higher concentration of active principles (25mg vs 5mg for CBD Oil).
Its main applications are for:
- severe or intractable pain;
- acute and chronic pain;
- muscle and joint pain;
- headache and migraine, particularly those caused by stress and sleep problems;
- neuropathic and fibromyalgia pain;
- sleep problems caused by pain of various sorts.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a phytocannabinoid molecule found in hemp ((Cannabis sativa) alongside the well-known psychotropic substance tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). However, unlike THC, CBD does not have any narcotic properties.
It is a natural compound which mimics the action of endocannabinoid messengers produced by the body. Like them, it is able to bind to specific receptors (CB1 and CB2) located on external cell membranes, and trigger various cellular responses such as restricting synaptic transmission, relieving pain and reducing spontaneous locomotion (1). Just like endogenous cannabinoids, CBD thus inhibits the transmission of small diameter nociceptive fibres (which are involved in the pain process) and reduces the release of neurotransmitters like substance P, responsible for transmitting pain .
Unlike THC, which has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors, CBD binds more to CB2 receptors. These are found on the surface of cells of the central nervous system and in particular in immune system tissues where they are involved in modulating memory, emotions and pain (chronic, inflammatory or neuropathic) (2-3).
What are the effects of CBD 25mg ?
What are the effects of CBD 25mg on pain?
The binding of CBD to CB2 receptors, and the modulation of serotonin receptors triggers a cascade of molecular reactions, the main effects of which are:
A reduction in the inflammatory response . The modulation of receptors leads to both a rise in BDNF (a protein that promotes growth and differentiation of new nerve cells), and a reduction in microglial cells and pro-inflammatory mediators (4-5).
Stimulation of vasodilation. (6-7).
A decrease in sensitivity to pain. CBD promotes activation of PPARs, proteins that act as a transcription factor for certain genes involved in pain transmission.
A neuro-protective effect . CBD helps increase levels of adenosine in the brain which is associated with neuroprotection and decreased inflammation. (8).
An analgesic effect (by reducing the transmission of nociceptive fibres).
An anxiolytic effect. . Human imaging has shown that CBD affects areas of the brain involved in the neurobiology of several disorders such as stress and anxiety.
An improvement in sleep (9).
What’s the right CBD dose for optimal efficacy?
This depends on several factors:
- the concentration of the CBD;
- a person’s weight;
- individual biological factors;
- the severity of the initial problem or symptoms.
For someone with a bodyweight of 70kg, and where the product is standardised to 17% CBD, the optimal dose would be 25mg, although this can be gradually increased to 50mg depending on the results obtained (though this higher dose should not be exceeded). CBD can also be vaporised but the most stable and consistent mode of administration is expertly-dosed, oral capsules.
“Over a lifetime, our body’s physiology changes, as does the number and distribution of receptors in the endocannabinoid system which are directly responsible for interactions with CBD. The optimal dose will therefore change depending on the individual and age“Nick Jikomes, PhD, neuro-physician.
How is CBD 25mg produced?
CBD 25mg is obtained by plant extraction using supercritical carbon dioxide (sCO₂). This is an alternative mode of extraction to the organochlorine solvents normally used in such processes but which are potentially harmful to the environment. Very eco-friendly, sCO₂ both ensures the final product is free from solvent residues and helps maintain the chemical integrity of the heat-sensitive molecules. It is odourless, colourless, non-toxic and non-inflammable and is completely safe for our health and our environment.
Does CBD 25mg produce any side-effects?
Unlike the drug cannabis which usually contains around 15% THC, the form used in this product has none. It therefore has no psychotropic effects and has an excellent safety profile in humans.
Once ingested, CBD is rapidly distributed around the body. It is lipophilic and thus quickly crosses the blood-brain barrier to reach brain tissues. It has no effect on heart rate, blood pressure or body temperature. CBD’s half-life is around 9 hours after which it is excreted in a metabolised form in urine.
To date, no public health problem has been associated with the nutritional use of CBD.
This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. It’s important to follow the guidelines on how to take it and the recommended dose, and to use it by the ‘best before’ date. It is not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or for children under 15. Keep out of children’s reach. Store in a cool, dry place
Written : November 2018.
With its combination of ingredients and wide spectrum action, InflaRelief Formula is an original, polyvalent and powerful supplement that effectively combats and neutralises the many mechanisms of inflammation - the silent enemy.
What is InflaRelief Formula?
Together with oxidation and glycation, inflammation is one of the three basic mechanisms of ageing. Chronic inflammation is the source of many degenerative disorders and is characteristic of an ageing body. It is therefore a good idea to avoid it.
Supplementation like InflaRelief Formula, is a more effective option towards inflammation than drugs and does not have the latter's side-effects. It combines even more natural and powerful nutrients (12 instead of 9) than before, with a higher daily dose. Together, they provide the body with an effective and polymorphic response to the inflammatory process in its many forms.
What are the ingredients in InflaRelief Formula?
- Perluxan is a standardised hop cone extract. Its alpha acids are powerful inhibitors of pain-inducing chemicals. Unlike the whole hop plant, this particular extract has no oestrogenic or sedative effects.
- Standardised nettle extract has scientifically-supported pain-relief and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cat's claw extract (Uncaria tomentosa), standardised in oxindole alkaloids, has regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties that benefit the joints in particular; it is also a potent stimulant of the immune system.
- "C3 Complex" curcuma extract contains 95% curcuminoids which are antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and Cox-2 inhibitors.
- Tulsi is a plant that has been used in Tibetan medicine for thousands of years. It has wide-ranging properties relating to anything from simple physical and mental weakness to acute stress, depression and many inflammation-related processes, both acute and chronic.
- Bromelain, a pineapple-derived proteolytic enzyme complex, is generally used for digestive inflammation problems and oedema, and to prevent blood clots which can affect the cardiovascular system.
- Ginger root extract, standardised in gingerols and shogaols, controls inflammation-mediators by inhibiting pro-inflammatory enzymes Cox 1 and 2 and lipoxygenase. This extract specifically benefits joints such as the hips and knees.
- Quercetin is a natural, antioxidant flavonol and polyvalent reliever, used particularly for respiratory and digestive allergies.
- Rutin, extracted from the aromatic shrub Ruta graveolens, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects; it is vasoprotective and antithrombotic.
- Rosemary has rosmarinic acid with potent tissue-protective, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergy properties.
- 5-Loxin, a specific extract of Boswellia serrata, provides 30% acetyl-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA); a potent anti-inflammatory, it is as effective as some drugs, and is particularly good for degenerative joint disorders.
- Bioperine, a black pepper extract standardised in piperine, has anti-inflammatory properties itself and also makes other ingredients more active enhancing their absorption and bioavailability.