Anti-Glycation Formula Supplement - Protects Against Protein Glycation
Anti-Glycation Formula is a state-of-the-art supplement based on the latest scientific findings on glycation. It contains, in particular, benfotiamine and pyridoxamine, vitamins that help maintain good cardiovascular and nervous system function, both of which are key targets of glycation and oxidative stress.
What is glycation?
Glycation is a spontaneous and irreversible chemical reaction which occurs between a sugar (particularly glucose) and a protein (whether a tissue or circulating protein, extracellular or intracellular). It is a completely normal process but is accelerated in certain pathological situations such as diabetes, chronic stress or atherosclerosis.
It leads to the formation of ‘glycated’ proteins (glycation end-products) (1-2) which cannot be destroyed or eliminated, and so accumulate in the body, disrupting cell, hormone and organ function, etc. Proteins that play a fundamental role as hormones (insulin) or growth factors lose their function when they become glycated. Accumulated glycated proteins activate inflammatory cells and promote oxidative reactions which are again damaging for the body.
The types of protein most affected include albumin, insulin, haemoglobin, immunoglobulin, lipoprotein, fibrinogen, and of course, collagen, elastin and DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid).
Glycation has a significant effect in accelerating the processes governing ageing, just like oxidation with which it is associated.
How can you fight glycation?
Skin ageing is the most obvious sign of the consequences of glycation: wrinkles, loss of elasticity and reduced healing ability. But the skin is just the visible manifestation of changes affecting the whole body – the muscles, blood vessels, eyes, brain and many other organs.
When there are too many non-functional proteins, the body becomes a target for degenerative diseases and ages prematurely. It’s therefore advisable to take a sensible, long-term approach to restricting this natural and irreversible process, by using glycation inhibitors, which are well-documented in the scientific literature, and by reducing your blood sugar levels naturally. Elevated blood glucose leads to an acceleration in glycation.
What is in the supplement Anti-Glycation Formula?
The composition of Anti-Glycation Formula is based on a well-documented body of scientific data on glycation.
It contains, in particular:
- The amino acid carnosine, endogenous production of which declines by over 60% in muscles at age 70, and which has been the subject of specific studies by researchers specialising in glycation (3).
- Benfotiamine, a form of vitamin B1 with exceptional bioavailability which helps maintain normal heart and nervous system function.
- Aminoguanidine, a compound widely-studied by glycation experts(4).
- Sodium R-lipoate, a sodium salt which helps convert glucose into energy.
- Pyridoxamine, a form of vitamin B6 which helps regulate hormone activity and energy production by releasing glucose from muscle glycogen.
- Extract of banaba leaf(1% corosolic acid), to support the metabolism of glucose (which has a well-known role in glycation).
- Guava leaf and caffeic acid extracted from Yerba mate leaf, two plants known to inhibit the formation of glycation products.
How should you take Anti-Glycation Formula?
We recommend taking two capsules a day, with, or between, meals.
We also recommend adopting the following measures to help restrict the glycation process:
- Eat a balanced diet. Junk food promotes oxidative stress at a cellular level and accelerates skin ageing.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking dramatically and irreversibly accelerates glycation and skin ageing.
- Restrict your exposure to the sun. While the sun offers health benefits, it can also be very harmful depending on the level of exposure.
- Keep your skin well-hydrated.
- Drink plenty of water. A good water intake is important for limiting glycation.
- Anti-glycation Formula can be combined with anti-ageing supplements such as Telomeres Maintenance Formula or Senolytic Complex.