Gold standard Sleep Gummies, Rich in CBD: Review | Sugar-free
The supplement Sleep Gummies contains 30 sleep gummies. If you find it hard to get to sleep, wake up in the middle of the night, or often feel tired in the morning, then these chewable sleep gummies are for you.
Sleep Gummies are made entirely from natural ingredients selected to help speed up the process of falling into a deep, uninterrupted sleep: melatonin, CBD, L-theanine, vitamin B12, valerian root and passiflora. These convenient, tasty, sugar-free gummies are one of the new premier products in our ‘Sleep Problems’ category.
What benefits do Sleep Gummies offer?
These ‘soporific sweets’ contain:
- melatonin. A hormone produced by the pineal gland, melatonin helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle, and is thus often referred to as the ‘sleep hormone’. Taking melatonin is recognised for helping to reduce the time it takes to fall asleep. It’s also used to help ease the effects of jet lag (1);
- cannabidiol (CBD). An ingredient rarely found in sleep gummy products, cannabidiol or CBD is extracted from hemp, also known as cannabis. When used for medical purposes, CBD is referred to as ‘therapeutic cannabis’. It is able to bind directly to CB1 and CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system, and as a result, lowers the intensity of neuronal activity, so reducing anxiety and promoting relaxation. Many studies have found that CBD can reduce insomnia – difficulty falling, and staying, asleep. Unlike THC, CBD has no psychotropic effects and is non-addictive (2-3) ;
- L-theanine. The main amino acid present in tea, L-theanine has been appreciated across the world for thousands of years. Tea, and thus L-theanine, have featured in traditional Chinese medicine for more than 5000 years, recommended for easing tension and calming the nerves. Current studies have found that L-theanine promotes relaxation and reduces stress, so improving the quality of sleep. It has also been shown to increase levels of GABA, the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter of the central nervous system, known for its calming effects (4);
- vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin). Vitamin B12 supports normal nervous system and psychological function and helps to reduce fatigue. A lack of vitamin B12 is associated with fatigue and insomnia (5-6) ;
- valerian root(Valeriana officinalis). The root of this herbaceous plant has been used for centuries for its calming and sedative effects. It is recognised for supporting mental health and good quality sleep. Its soothing properties come from its active ingredients valerenone and valerenic acid, which are able to increase the release of GABA in the brain and limit its recapture (7-8) ;
- passiflora (Passiflora incarnata). This climbing plant with luxuriant flowers is traditionally used to reduce restlessness and promote restorative sleep. One of its active ingredients, harmalol, activates GABA receptors while reducing levels of glutamate (an excitatory neurotransmitter which often causes us to wake up too early) (9-10).
In short, these excellent gummies are a delicious way of providing everything you need to bid farewell to sleepless nights!
Why is the supplement Sleep Gummies the best product of its kind?
Sleep Gummies stands out from other such products in five aspects:
- the presence of cannabidiol (CBD). Even though it’s a trusted ingredient used to great effect in the therapeutic field, CBD is rarely included in sleep gummy products;
- the absence of sugar. Gummy-type supplements are often criticised for being little more than high-sugar ‘sweets’ rather than genuine nutritional supplements. But this is not a criticism that can be levelled at Sleep Gummies as it contains no added sugar;
- the affordable price. Despite containing only high-quality natural ingredients, powerfully-dosed, and a generous 30 gummies per pack, we have made sure they remain as affordable as possible;
- the fact they are non-addictive. All the ingredients have been chosen in order to produce a non-addictive supplement;
- the efficacy and broad-spectrum action of the formulation. These sleep-inducing ‘sweets’ also contain melatonin to facilitate falling asleep, relaxing plant extracts to ensure a deep, long-lasting sleep and other compounds with scientifically-proven effects.
How should you take these gummies to promote sleep?
To gain maximum benefit from the supplement Sleep Gummies, we suggest taking one chewable gummy a day, without water, at bedtime. Our delicious gummies should be chewed and swallowed just like normal sweets.
If you’re going through a particularly rough period insomnia-wise, you can take your gummies every night until your sleep improves. This supplement can also be taken on a more occasional basis, according to your needs.
Additional sleep aids
Sleep issues can cause irritability, mood disorders, weight gain, heart problems, disruption to the immune system… It’s essential we get enough sleep in order for our bodies to regenerate. We should actually be spending a third of our life asleep (which is often not the case).
To restore good quality sleep, try to ensure that, alongside taking your gummies, you:
- ‘board that sleep train’ at the right time. Night-time sleep is divided into 3-6 cycles, each lasting 60-120 minutes. If you don’t act at the first signs of fatigue by going to bed, you’ll have to wait for the next cycle before the urge to sleep comes round again;
- avoid blue light. Screens (smartphones, computers …) emit blue light which reduces melatonin production and thus makes it harder to fall asleep (11). As a general rule, it’s important to close your curtains, blinds or shutters at night and switch off all light sources in order to be able to sleep soundly. Conversely, try to get out during the day to get some exposure to natural light;
- engage in physical activity so that you’re properly tired. You can exercise during the day or evening, but avoid doing so an hour before going to bed;
- don’t over-heat your bedroom. The ideal temperature for sleeping is between 16° and 18°C);
- include tryptophan-rich foods at dinner (eggs, meat, dairy products, almonds, cashew nuts, bananas, dark chocolate …) Tryptophan is an amino acid precursor of melatonin, serotonin, 5-HTP, etc. (12) It’s also a good idea to focus on starches (pasta, rice, potatoes …) to prevent nocturnal cravings. But avoid heavy or high-fat meals, as well as alcohol and, of course, coffee.
Supplements to take in conjunction with CBD gummies to promote sleep
For a quick and easy way of boosting your intake of tryptophan, the amino acid mentioned above, take the supplement L-Tryptophan along with your sleep gummies (it offers an excellent dose of 1000 mg of tryptophan a day).
If you’re having trouble sleeping because you’re particularly stressed or anxious, the relaxing effects of ashwagandha, in addition to Sleep Gummies, can help. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an Indian plant that plays a central role in Ayurvedic medicine. It will help you to relax and regain emotional balance, and is therefore perfect during periods of intense mental stress and nervous tension (13). Our product Super Ashwagandha offers the advantage of a high dose of withanolides (the plant’s active ingredients) while being free from withaferin A, recognised as cytotoxic.
Last but not least, if you often feel tired when you wake up in the morning, you may be lacking in vitamin C or the trace-element magnesium. Both play a part in maintaining energy metabolism(14). We’d recommend opting for the product Liposomal Vitamin C as the vitamin C is protected in lipid capsules called liposomes, ensuring superior absorption. Magnesium-wise, choose OptiMag, which combines 8 forms of highly-bioavailable magnesium and provides 100% of the recommended daily intake for magnesium.