A powerful and original nutrient, CBD 25mg is emerging as an important natural painkiller: it is aimed at anyone who is exhausted by pain and the impact it has on their everyday life. It is similar to CBD Oil 6% but has a much higher concentration of active principles (25mg vs 5mg for CBD Oil).
Its main applications are for:
- severe or intractable pain;
- acute and chronic pain;
- muscle and joint pain;
- headache and migraine, particularly those caused by stress and sleep problems;
- neuropathic and fibromyalgia pain;
- sleep problems caused by pain of various sorts.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a phytocannabinoid molecule found in hemp ((Cannabis sativa) alongside the well-known psychotropic substance tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). However, unlike THC, CBD does not have any narcotic properties.
It is a natural compound which mimics the action of endocannabinoid messengers produced by the body. Like them, it is able to bind to specific receptors (CB1 and CB2) located on external cell membranes, and trigger various cellular responses such as restricting synaptic transmission, relieving pain and reducing spontaneous locomotion (1). Just like endogenous cannabinoids, CBD thus inhibits the transmission of small diameter nociceptive fibres (which are involved in the pain process) and reduces the release of neurotransmitters like substance P, responsible for transmitting pain .
Unlike THC, which has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors, CBD binds more to CB2 receptors. These are found on the surface of cells of the central nervous system and in particular in immune system tissues where they are involved in modulating memory, emotions and pain (chronic, inflammatory or neuropathic) (2-3).
What are the effects of CBD 25mg ?
What are the effects of CBD 25mg on pain?
The binding of CBD to CB2 receptors, and the modulation of serotonin receptors triggers a cascade of molecular reactions, the main effects of which are:
A reduction in the inflammatory response . The modulation of receptors leads to both a rise in BDNF (a protein that promotes growth and differentiation of new nerve cells), and a reduction in microglial cells and pro-inflammatory mediators (4-5).
Stimulation of vasodilation. (6-7).
A decrease in sensitivity to pain. CBD promotes activation of PPARs, proteins that act as a transcription factor for certain genes involved in pain transmission.
A neuro-protective effect . CBD helps increase levels of adenosine in the brain which is associated with neuroprotection and decreased inflammation. (8).
An analgesic effect (by reducing the transmission of nociceptive fibres).
An anxiolytic effect. . Human imaging has shown that CBD affects areas of the brain involved in the neurobiology of several disorders such as stress and anxiety.
An improvement in sleep (9).
What’s the right CBD dose for optimal efficacy?
This depends on several factors:
- the concentration of the CBD;
- a person’s weight;
- individual biological factors;
- the severity of the initial problem or symptoms.
For someone with a bodyweight of 70kg, and where the product is standardised to 17% CBD, the optimal dose would be 25mg, although this can be gradually increased to 50mg depending on the results obtained (though this higher dose should not be exceeded). CBD can also be vaporised but the most stable and consistent mode of administration is expertly-dosed, oral capsules.
“Over a lifetime, our body’s physiology changes, as does the number and distribution of receptors in the endocannabinoid system which are directly responsible for interactions with CBD. The optimal dose will therefore change depending on the individual and age“Nick Jikomes, PhD, neuro-physician.
How is CBD 25mg produced?
CBD 25mg is obtained by plant extraction using supercritical carbon dioxide (sCO₂). This is an alternative mode of extraction to the organochlorine solvents normally used in such processes but which are potentially harmful to the environment. Very eco-friendly, sCO₂ both ensures the final product is free from solvent residues and helps maintain the chemical integrity of the heat-sensitive molecules. It is odourless, colourless, non-toxic and non-inflammable and is completely safe for our health and our environment.
Does CBD 25mg produce any side-effects?
Unlike the drug cannabis which usually contains around 15% THC, the form used in this product has none. It therefore has no psychotropic effects and has an excellent safety profile in humans.
Once ingested, CBD is rapidly distributed around the body. It is lipophilic and thus quickly crosses the blood-brain barrier to reach brain tissues. It has no effect on heart rate, blood pressure or body temperature. CBD’s half-life is around 9 hours after which it is excreted in a metabolised form in urine.
To date, no public health problem has been associated with the nutritional use of CBD.
This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. It’s important to follow the guidelines on how to take it and the recommended dose, and to use it by the ‘best before’ date. It is not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or for children under 15. Keep out of children’s reach. Store in a cool, dry place
Written : November 2018.
CompositionCBD 25 mg
|Daily dose: 1 capsule
Number of doses per pack: 30
|Amount per dose
| Cannabidiol (CBD) extracted from non-psychotropic hemp leaf standardised to 17% CBD
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice flour.
Directions for useCBD 25 mg
adults. Take 1 capsule a day.
This supplement contains no psychotropic substances.
CBD Balm is a high-quality CBD (cannabidiol) balm for relieving pain in the muscles, joints and skin. Made from the leaves of Cannabis sativa and completely free from THC, it contains an exceptional level of CBD (7%), much higher than most CBD creams or balms on the market.
Its high coconut oil content helps the cannabinoids to penetrate more deeply into the various layers of the skin for unbeatable efficacy.
What benefits can you expect to see from using CBD Balm?
CBD Balm soothes, relaxes and nourishes skin tissue. It helps relieve:
- muscle pain;
- joint pain (especially arthritic);
- bone pain (particularly that related to fractures);
- cramps and aches;
- pain associated with scarring;
While pain in its various manifestations is the key target of the CBD in the balm, its properties also extend to improving skin hydration and helping skin to repair.
What is in CBD Balm?
CBD Balm contains an extract of hemp leaf standardised to 88% CBD, as well as several natural ingredients designed to optimise its efficacy and produce a satisfactory and easy-to-use texture:
- coconut oil. For its softening, conditioning and soothing properties;
- beeswax. This plays a key role in naturally improving the balm’s texture;
- essential oil of eucalyptus. Recognised for its ability to relieve rheumatic pain;
- essential oil of tea tree. The ‘go-to’ essential oil for any inflammatory problem affecting the skin or mucous membranes;
- essential oil of peppermint. A menthol-rich oil with remarkable analgesic properties;
- essential oil of lavender. Its main active principles (linalol, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-ol) have proven pain-relieving effects. They act on muscarinic, opioid and dopamine receptors;
- vitamin E. This helps protect both the precious ingredients in CBD balm and the body’s cells against oxidative stress.
What are CBD’s mechanisms of action?
CBD is a natural substance which is very similar to the endocannabinoid messengers produced by the body to trigger various responses such as pain control (1-2) and relaxation (3). So similar is it that it can bind (to varying degrees) to the same receptors, triggering the same kind of chain reactions. These receptors (CB2) are primarily found on the surface of neurons, central nervous system cells, as well as on cells that make up skin tissue.
The responses triggered by the binding of CBD and endocannabinoids to CB2 receptors are (4-7):
- a decrease in the inflammatory response (and thus temporary pain relief);
- activation of vasodilation (an increase in blood vessel diameter, typical of relaxation);
- reduced sensitivity to pain, due to modulation of certain genes involved in pain transmission;
- a direct analgesic effect through decreased transmission of nociceptive fibres;
- a reduction in intensity and impact of symptoms related to anxiety or chronic stress (stress exacerbates pain);
- a decrease in the reactive oxygen species (ROS) and lipid peroxidation associated with cellular ageing.
Applying the CBD balm to the skin aims to encourage the cannabinoids to bind to the relevant skin cell receptors. It’s this binding that triggers the desired reactions. It is not designed to transport the cannabinoids into the bloodstream (transdermal absorption) as happens with certain medicinal creams. The effects of application are localised and long-lasting. Numerous studies have demonstrated the benefits on pain perception of topical application of natural cannabinoid extracts (8-10).
According to the April 2019 edition of the journal Clinica Terapeutica, B. Palmieri and his research team concluded at the end of their clinical study that "the topical administration of CBD ointment (without any THC) is a safe and non-invasive alternative for improving the quality of life of patients with skin disorders of an inflammatory nature (11)".
How should CBD balm be used?
Using CBD balm is very simple.
- Put a small amount on your fingertip.
- Apply directly to painful areas.
- Massage gently using circular movements until fully absorbed.
We suggest combining it with an anti-inflammatory supplement such as CBD 25mg or a natural extract of Boswellia to systemically boost and prolong the pain-relieving effect.
It can also be combined with a hydrating supplement to increase the hydration and health of skin tissue.
How is CBD produced?
The CBD in this formulation is extracted from the leaves of the Cannabis sativa plant, using SC CO2 extraction. This is an alternative method to the potentially eco-harmful organochlorine solvents normally used in extraction processes. It’s a very environmentally-friendly approach which ensures there are no solvent residues in the end product and helps preserve the chemical integrity of the heat-sensitive molecules.
Five good reasons why you should try CBD Balm now
- It’s a highly-promising natural alternative for controlling the kind of pain for which conventional medicine remains largely ineffective.
- It contains an unequalled level of CBD: the hemp extract used is standardised to 88%. Yet again, Supersmart has prioritised excellence.
- It’s packaged discreetly and elegantly allowing you to take it anywhere and use it as required.
- It’s 100% natural, containing no parabens, artificial colourings, toxins, heavy metals, chemical additives, hormone disruptors or other synthetic compounds often found in pain relief creams.
- It has an attractive woody, terpene aroma, and feels pleasant on the skin.
Note: unlike the narcotic drug of the same name, the cannabis used here does not contain THC It thus has no psychotropic effect on the user and has an excellent safety record in humans.
CompositionCBD Balm 7%
| Cannabidiol (CBD) non-psychotropic extract of hemp leaf standardised to 88% CBD
|Other ingredients: coconut oil, beeswax, essential oils of eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint and lavender, vitamin E.
Directions for useCBD Balm 7%
Adults. Apply to the skin whenever necessary, massaging gently and concentrating on dry or painful areas.
Read the instructions before use. Contains no psychotropic substances. For external use only. Keep out of children’s reach. Not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. In case of contact with eyes, mouth or mucous membranes, rinse thoroughly with water. In case of irritation, seek medical advice. Do not use on wounds, skin lesions or irritated skin. Do not smoke. Do not use this product other than for its intended use. Always wash your hands with soap and water after use. In case of ingestion, contact a doctor or poison control centre immediately. Close the jar firmly after use. Store away from light, heat and humidity.