CBD Balm is a high-quality CBD (cannabidiol) balm for relieving pain in the muscles, joints and skin. Made from the leaves of Cannabis sativa and completely free from THC, it contains an exceptional level of CBD (7%), much higher than most CBD creams or balms on the market.
Its high coconut oil content helps the cannabinoids to penetrate more deeply into the various layers of the skin for unbeatable efficacy.
What benefits can you expect to see from using CBD Balm?
CBD Balm soothes, relaxes and nourishes skin tissue. It helps relieve:
- muscle pain;
- joint pain (especially arthritic);
- bone pain (particularly that related to fractures);
- cramps and aches;
- pain associated with scarring;
While pain in its various manifestations is the key target of the CBD in the balm, its properties also extend to improving skin hydration and helping skin to repair.
What is in CBD Balm?
CBD Balm contains an extract of hemp leaf standardised to 88% CBD, as well as several natural ingredients designed to optimise its efficacy and produce a satisfactory and easy-to-use texture:
- coconut oil. For its softening, conditioning and soothing properties;
- beeswax. This plays a key role in naturally improving the balm’s texture;
- essential oil of eucalyptus. Recognised for its ability to relieve rheumatic pain;
- essential oil of tea tree. The ‘go-to’ essential oil for any inflammatory problem affecting the skin or mucous membranes;
- essential oil of peppermint. A menthol-rich oil with remarkable analgesic properties;
- essential oil of lavender. Its main active principles (linalol, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-ol) have proven pain-relieving effects. They act on muscarinic, opioid and dopamine receptors;
- vitamin E. This helps protect both the precious ingredients in CBD balm and the body’s cells against oxidative stress.
What are CBD’s mechanisms of action?
CBD is a natural substance which is very similar to the endocannabinoid messengers produced by the body to trigger various responses such as pain control (1-2) and relaxation (3). So similar is it that it can bind (to varying degrees) to the same receptors, triggering the same kind of chain reactions. These receptors (CB2) are primarily found on the surface of neurons, central nervous system cells, as well as on cells that make up skin tissue.
The responses triggered by the binding of CBD and endocannabinoids to CB2 receptors are (4-7):
- a decrease in the inflammatory response (and thus temporary pain relief);
- activation of vasodilation (an increase in blood vessel diameter, typical of relaxation);
- reduced sensitivity to pain, due to modulation of certain genes involved in pain transmission;
- a direct analgesic effect through decreased transmission of nociceptive fibres;
- a reduction in intensity and impact of symptoms related to anxiety or chronic stress (stress exacerbates pain);
- a decrease in the reactive oxygen species (ROS) and lipid peroxidation associated with cellular ageing.
Applying the CBD balm to the skin aims to encourage the cannabinoids to bind to the relevant skin cell receptors. It’s this binding that triggers the desired reactions. It is not designed to transport the cannabinoids into the bloodstream (transdermal absorption) as happens with certain medicinal creams. The effects of application are localised and long-lasting. Numerous studies have demonstrated the benefits on pain perception of topical application of natural cannabinoid extracts (8-10).
According to the April 2019 edition of the journal Clinica Terapeutica, B. Palmieri and his research team concluded at the end of their clinical study that "the topical administration of CBD ointment (without any THC) is a safe and non-invasive alternative for improving the quality of life of patients with skin disorders of an inflammatory nature (11)".
How should CBD balm be used?
Using CBD balm is very simple.
- Put a small amount on your fingertip.
- Apply directly to painful areas.
- Massage gently using circular movements until fully absorbed.
We suggest combining it with an anti-inflammatory supplement such as CBD 25mg or a natural extract of Boswellia to systemically boost and prolong the pain-relieving effect.
It can also be combined with a hydrating supplement to increase the hydration and health of skin tissue.
How is CBD produced?
The CBD in this formulation is extracted from the leaves of the Cannabis sativa plant, using SC CO2 extraction. This is an alternative method to the potentially eco-harmful organochlorine solvents normally used in extraction processes. It’s a very environmentally-friendly approach which ensures there are no solvent residues in the end product and helps preserve the chemical integrity of the heat-sensitive molecules.
Five good reasons why you should try CBD Balm now
- It’s a highly-promising natural alternative for controlling the kind of pain for which conventional medicine remains largely ineffective.
- It contains an unequalled level of CBD: the hemp extract used is standardised to 88%. Yet again, Supersmart has prioritised excellence.
- It’s packaged discreetly and elegantly allowing you to take it anywhere and use it as required.
- It’s 100% natural, containing no parabens, artificial colourings, toxins, heavy metals, chemical additives, hormone disruptors or other synthetic compounds often found in pain relief creams.
- It has an attractive woody, terpene aroma, and feels pleasant on the skin.
Note: unlike the narcotic drug of the same name, the cannabis used here does not contain THC It thus has no psychotropic effect on the user and has an excellent safety record in humans.
CompositionCBD Balm 7%
| Cannabidiol (CBD) non-psychotropic extract of hemp leaf standardised to 88% CBD
|Other ingredients: coconut oil, beeswax, essential oils of eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint and lavender, vitamin E.
Directions for useCBD Balm 7%
Adults. Apply to the skin whenever necessary, massaging gently and concentrating on dry or painful areas.
Read the instructions before use. Contains no psychotropic substances. For external use only. Keep out of children’s reach. Not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. In case of contact with eyes, mouth or mucous membranes, rinse thoroughly with water. In case of irritation, seek medical advice. Do not use on wounds, skin lesions or irritated skin. Do not smoke. Do not use this product other than for its intended use. Always wash your hands with soap and water after use. In case of ingestion, contact a doctor or poison control centre immediately. Close the jar firmly after use. Store away from light, heat and humidity.
Skin Ceramides is a well-established, easy and effective way of restoring youthful levels of ceramides to aging skin. Take for three months during:
- Winter, to protect skin from the damaging effects of cold weather;
- Summer, to alleviate skin dryness from exposure to the sun.
It can also be taken as a complement to topical hydration products. This manifests as a significant improvement in hydration, elasticity and health of dry skin.
What are Ceramides?
Ceramides are essential components of the skin's hydrolipid barrier, representing 35%-40% of its intercellular cement. They play a key role in the function of this barrier, hydrating the skin by literally ‘trapping' water. Unfortunately, ceramide concentration in the skin declines significantly as we get older.
The structure of the outermost layer of skin protection, the Stratum corneum, varies according to our age but also the season, a fact related to the skin's concentration in lipids. During cold winters and hot summers, lipid secretion decreases and the skin becomes dry, and sometimes shows other signs of accelerated aging: rough patches, redness, flakiness, tightness, itching and inflammation.
Supplementation with ceramides is therefore essential to provide the skin, from within, with the structural elements it lacks. The ceramides produced naturally by young skin are chemically identical to those present in wheat grains.
What are the benefits associated with Skin Ceramides?
Skin Ceramides contains Lipowheat, a unique, proprietary complex of wheat-extracted ceramides and glycosylceramides, that provides powerfully hydrating nutritional support, as has been clearly demonstrated in three clinical studies all of which reached similar conclusions.
Following three months' supplementation with 200 mg of Lipowheat a day, women with dry, slack skin reported an astonishing improvement, both in their skin's appearance and in the way it felt. These results were confirmed by electrochemical analysis, with 95% positive results in hydration-associated parameters. Furthermore, symptoms of chronic itching were totally eliminated. Skin Ceramides contains 350 mg of Lipowheat per dose (1 softgel).
|Daily dose : 1 softgel
Number of doses per box : 60
|Amount per dose
| Lipowheat™ (wheat ceramides)
|Zinc (from 12.44 mg zinc oxide)
|Other ingredients : beeswax. Lipowheat™, Hitex, France
Directions for useSkin Ceramides
Adults. Take one softgel a day.
Attention : contains a wheat derivative.