Gamma-amino-butyric acid, or GABA, is an essential molecule found naturally in the body. It is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter which means it plays an essential role in regulating neuron activity. In particular, it helps reduce excitation of nerve cells and prevent prolonged excitation. Alongside its essential role in neuron function, GABA supplement is also involved in promoting the development of certain neurons.
What health benefits are associated with GABA?
With its relaxing effect, GABA is an important source of natural stress relief. An increasing feature of modern society, stress describes the collection of responses made by the body to external pressures. There are many stress factors which can be perceived very differently from one individual to another. Though it can be positive, stress can also have negative consequences including agitation, irritation, worry, low mood, and muscle tension as well as digestive and breathing problems. Excessive stress levels lead to a state of anxiety which manifests in fear and worry. If this anxiety is not addressed, it can result in certain health problems such as depression or alcoholism. It is therefore vital to tackle these effects as soon as the first symptoms appear.
- GABA’s potential for combatting stress and anxiety have made it the subject of numerous scientific studies, the results of which have highlighted its ability to reduce blood pressure in stressful situations.
- Researchers have also confirmed GABA’s sedative and anxiolytic effects at a cellular level which means it also offers relaxation, mood-enhancing and sleep-improving benefits.
Why is GABA supplementation important?
While some situations require neurons to be in an excitatory state, it is essential to be able to control this and restrict it to short periods. Excitation of neurons results in numerous effects in the body including raised blood pressure. Generally-speaking, significant neuron activity can manifest in anxiety or stress.
In the brain, this is managed by maintaining a precise balance between inhibitory neurotransmitters such as GABA and those with an excitatory function, such as the amino acid glutamate; the effects of the latter need to be counterbalanced by those of GABA. In some people, however, there is an imbalance between GABA and glutamate which causes dysfunction in the body. It could, for example, be a factor in epileptic seizures or cerebral ischaemia – insufficient supply of oxygen to the brain.
To combat the effects of stress and anxiety, is therefore important to maintain adequate GABA levels. Though it is naturally produced from glutamate in the body, levels of glutamate decline with age, and so too do those of GABA. This is why our dietary supplement has been specially formulated to provide 750mg of GABA per tablet, providing an optimal intake of this neurotransmitter, and an easy-to-take GABA dosage of one capsule a day, to be taken outside of mealtimes. To help maintain general well-being, you may also be interested in neurotransmitter precursors such as and , amino acid derivatives. You can find out more in our blog article: .
CompositionGaba 750 mg
|Daily serving: 1 tablet
Number of servings per bottle: 100
|Gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA)
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate.
Directions for useGaba 750 mg
Take one tablet a day between meals.
This formulation is a classic blend of chemotyped essential oils, aimed at promoting calm and relaxing the nerves. It helps combat the stresses of modern life and encourages restorative sleep without the need for sleeping pills. It acts on a range of symptoms:
- feelings of oppression;
- nervous tension;
- agitation or over-stimulation;
- sleep problems;
- intrusive thoughts;
- nervous anticipation.
Each softgel contains no fewer than 75 different active molecules - a long way from the type of synthetic pharmaceuticals which contain just four or five at the most.
What are the essential oils in Relaxing Oil Blend?
This synergistic formulation contains the following chemotyped essential oils:
- Essential oil of sweet marjoram, the main constituents of which are cis-thujanol and trans-thujanol. It is a powerful regulator of the central nervous system with anxiolytic (anxiety-relieving) properties, but is also used for its antiviral properties, its ability to regenerate the liver (viral hepatitis) and its effect on bronchial symptoms.
- Essential oil of lavender, of which the flowering tops – rich in linalool, linalyl acetate and camphor – are used. It has shown remarkable efficacy in easing mental tension, calming nerve and heart palpitations, treating depression, and curing insomnia and other sleep problems. It’s also a recognised anti-spasmodic and sedative.
- Essential oil of mandarin of biological origin, of which the zest, particularly rich in limonene and gamma-terpinene, is used. Popular for its fragrance, it is primarily used for treating stress, agitation and anxiety and also has blood pressure-lowering properties which can stop palpitations and extra systoles (extra heartbeats).
- Essential oil of lemongrass, obtained from the essence of flowers rich in nerol, geraniol and monoterpenes. It is used especially for its calming and sedative properties but it also combats indigestion, gas and pain associated with gastric ulcers.
- Essential oil of lemon verbena, produced from the leaves which are rich in nerol and geraniol. Excellent for addressing temporary depression, it has powerful sedative and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps regulate the hormone system and is a vesicular and pancreatic stimulant.
Benefit from the power of plants in complete safety
Though aromatherapy is increasing in popularity, it’s important to recognise that essential oils are not entirely risk-free. Used indiscriminately, these oils can actually be toxic, especially when taken internally, and even more so as some companies recommend unsuitable doses or are not clear enough about either the botanical source (there are many homologues) or the chemotype. This last point is important: the chemotype provides precise information on an oil’s active and predominant biochemical molecules.
A plant will produce specific aromatic molecules depending on the biotope in which it is grown: two identical species can produce two different essential oils, each of which is characteristic of the conditions in which it has been grown. A lack of knowledge of an oil’s chemotype thus opens up the possibility of toxicity and reduced efficacy. The chemotypes of the essential oils in ‘Relaxing Oil Blend’ are always specified and the active principles are dosed to maximise their efficacy and ensure their safety (no more than 75mg per softgel).
Why take Relaxing Oil Blend to reduce stress and relieve tension?
There are three main reasons for choosing Relaxing Oil Blend to combat anxiety:
- A natural alternative to drugs: Anxiolytic, hypnotic and antidepressant drugs are widely-used for treating stress and insomnia, but they often cause dependency and unwelcome side-effects. It’s high time natural alternatives were given due consideration, particularly the unanimously-recognised option of aromatherapy. Relaxing Oil Blend concentrates those oils most widely-accepted as synergistically combatting stress and the symptoms of anxiety.
- A blend of oils chosen for their efficacy and safety: A number of essential oils act on the central and vegetative nervous systems, but taking them orally can be quite problematic. To avoid any unnecessary risk, it is therefore advisable to consult a therapist from the outset. Opting for Relaxing Oil Blend, which has been the focus of considerable expertise, means avoiding any risks to your health as its combination of oils has been chosen by leading health professionals for their complete safety and optimal efficacy.
- It’s easy to use and saves you time: The ready-to-take softgels save precious time and facilitate therapeutic observance: avoiding the need to mix the blend yourself prevents the risk of potential errors and unwelcome consequences.
CompositionRelaxing Oil Blend 75 mg
|Daily dose: 4 softgels
Number of doses per pack: 15
|Mix of essential oils
Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
Lavender (Origanum majorana)
Mandarin BIO (Citrus nobilis)
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus)
Lemon verbena (Lippia citriodora)
| Other ingredients : rapeseed oil, glycerine, water, tocopherols.|
Directions for useRelaxing Oil Blend 75 mg
adults. Take 1-4 softgels, 30 minutes before bed.
Each softgel contains 75mg of a mix of essential oils.
Caution: Do not exceed 9 softgels a day.