Rare compound developed by Japanese scientists
This dietary supplement has been formulated to offer the benefits of AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound), a rare compound developed by Japanese scientists. It is obtained by fermenting an extract of a mushroom popular in Asia and Europe called shiitake (Lentinus edodes). Interest in the health benefits of this mushroom is far from recent however – it has been used for many years in traditional Asian medicine. The result of considerable research, AHCC offers the benefits of a combination of different active principles with immune-stimulant and anti-tumour properties.
Potent immune-stimulant in dietary supplement form
Among the active principles in AHCC are the derivatives alpha-glucan and beta-glucan, polysaccharides recognised for their immune-stimulant effects. They boost the immune system by stimulating the activity of various groups of white cells including NK (natural killer) cells, recognised as the body’s first line of defence against attack. The active principles in AHCC also increase concentrations of T and B lymphocytes, white blood cells which act in a specific way against pathogens. These immune-stimulant effects therefore make this fermented shiitake extract a valuable aid in the prevention of various diseases.
AHCC’s anti-cancer potential
The immune-stimulant properties of AHCC, demonstrated in in vitro and clinical studies, have rapidly attracted the interest of the scientific community for their potential to fight certain cancers. There is a particular focus on AHCC’s stimulant effect on NK cells as they are such a vital line of defence against cancer cells. Part of the immediate innate immune response, NK lymphocytes are able to recognise and destroy tumour cells within a few hours. Suffice to say that AHCC’s stimulation of these ‘killer cells’ paves the way for promising new therapeutic perspectives in the fight against cancer!
Since it was developed and its therapeutic virtues revealed, AHCC has been used by many thousands of people, its use supported by studies conducted in over 30 university research institutes and 700 hospitals in Japan and across the world. In order to offer a high-quality immune-stimulant supplement, shiitake extracts standardised to 60% AHCC are obtained in a laboratory in accordance with GMP and ISO 9100 & 22000 standards, and delivered in capsules containing an optimal 500mg, with a suggested dose of one to two capsules a day. This dose can be adapted to individual needs and the advice of your therapist. For optimal efficacy, AHCC’s beneficial effects can be complemented by other natural active principles such as , a powerful antioxidant with immune-stimulant properties. The formulation is also a valuable aid with its exceptional antioxidant content, while the patented product can help prevent mutations to DNA.
This product is formulated to stimulate the body’s immune response and combat attacks of all kinds (viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites). It gradually reduces the symptoms of physical and nervous exhaustion which accompany infection, thus promoting a return to overall balance and recovery.
Each softgel contains a mix of five essential oils, providing a total of 75 different active molecules. This is a long way from the type of synthetic product manufactured in a laboratory which contains just four or five at the most.
What are the essential oils in Defense Mix?
This carefully-chosen formulation contains the following chemotyped essential oils:
- Essential oil of oregano with compact inflorescences and essential oil of oregano from Greece, both of which are rich in carvacrol and thymol. These compounds confer a strong anti-infection effect (broad-spectrum anti-bacterial, antiviral and antifungal action) by promoting the destruction of pathogen cell membranes. They also offer exceptional tonic effects (physical, mental and sexual).
- Essential oil of exotic basil
, the chavicol content of which boosts the immune system, and encourages the elimination of harmful bacteria and intestinal worms. It also has significant antiviral properties as well as analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects which are particularly beneficial for relieving headaches and period pains.
- Essential oil of peppermint
, of which the aerial parts, rich in menthol (with its characteristic smell) and menthone, are used. As a result of these compounds, it offers significant pain relief, good for treating shocks, headaches and trauma as well as a wide range of ailments such as shingles, dizziness, neuritis, physical and mental asthenia and various digestive problems.
- Essential oil of winter savory
, obtained from the plant’s flowering tops and rich in carvacrol, thymol and para-cymene, and which has huge pathogen-fighting ability. A powerful antibacterial, it is also used for its exceptional antiviral properties and ability to stimulate immunity. It is also used traditionally as a sexual stimulant.
- Essential oil of Ceylon cinnamon
, which is said to offer one of the strongest antimicrobial effects in the aromatic pharmacopoeia. It contains a large percentage of cinnamic aldehyde and eugenol, making it a very broad-spectrum anti-bacterial (from Staphylococcus to Enterobacter, and including the famous Helicobacter pylori), as well as a remarkable antiviral, immune-stimulant, anti-fermentation agent, aphrodisiac, uterine tonic and emmenagogue.
Why take Defense Mix?
There are three main reasons for choosing Defense Mix over the essential oils sold in pharmacies:
- The infection-fighting essential oils in Defense Mix have been selected by leading aromatherapy experts for their efficacy. Together, these oils produce additional effects with unexpected synergy, significantly enhancing the ability to combat aggressors.
- Internal use of essential oils is particularly tricky: it requires sound knowledge and even the advice of a qualified therapist as the effects of aromatic compounds can be very powerful. Defense Mix has been the focus of considerable expertise which means you can take it in complete safety, knowing it presents no risk to your health and that the combination of oils has been selected by top health professionals.
- Calculating the correct daily dose and mix of essential oils can be as tedious as it is risky: the slightest error can lead to unwelcome side effects of varying severity. With Defense Mix, there’s no such risk since the ready-to-use softgels contain meticulously-researched doses. It therefore saves precious time and facilitates therapeutic observance. Many are those who lose out on the synergistic effects of essential oils because creating the right blend is too laborious.
A therapeutic approach that’s rising in popularity
Contrary to popular belief, phytotherapy is still the most widely-used system of medicine in the world. It has a huge range of therapeutic uses including antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-diabetes, hormone-balancing and even anti-rheumatic applications. The use of essential oils known as aromatherapy is part of this plant-based medicinal heritage. In recent years, this form of treatment has grown in popularity thanks to luminaries such as René-Maurice Gattefossé, considered to be one of aromatherapy’s founding fathers, and Dr Jean Valnet, who was responsible for significantly expanding research in this area, research which has been followed by a great many scientific figures.
Today, these natural remedies bear no resemblance to the elixir of alchemists, even if we owe these pioneers a debt of gratitude for giving us certain methods of extraction. These therapies are approved by the scientific community, and are hugely popular with those looking for a clean and efficient form of medicine, validated by the experience of our forebears.