Super Bone Formula Supplement – Supports Healthy Bone Function
Super Bone Formula is an exceptional supplement designed to strengthen the bones. It contains all the best nutrients for bone health: calcium, vitamins D3 and K2, magnesium, extract of bamboo tabashir… (1-5)
There’s no doubt that nutritional factors play a physiological role in building and maintaining bone mass. Through their effect on bone density, the main element of bone strength, they help reduce the incidence of fractures.
Who is the supplement Super Bone Formula aimed at?
Super Bone Formula is recommended for all the following groups of people:
- Those over 40 (bone mass starts to decline at this age, by 1%-2% a year).
- Post-menopausal women (in the decade following the onset of menopause, loss of bone mass accelerates by 2%-3% a year due to a decline in oestrogen production).
- Those with a family history of osteoporosis-related fractures.
- Women who do little or no exercise.
- Those suffering from inflammatory bowel disease (such as Crohn’s).
What is in Super Bone Formula?
Super Bone Formula combines all the best compounds for bone health.
Vitamin K is necessary in order for two proteins produced by osteoblasts, osteocalcin and nephrocalcin, to be incorporated into the bone matrix. It has a well-documented role in forming and remodelling bone, as well as in urinary excretion of calcium.
In Super Bone Formula, vitamin K is included in the form of menaquinone-7 (MK-7) extracted from natto, the most bioavailable fraction of vitamin K2. Its activity is enhanced when combined with both vitamin D3
Though a minor constituent of bone, magnesium is necessary for the synthesis of vitamin D and the action of parathyroid hormone (PTH). A lack of magnesium is associated with a decrease in bone magnesium, and with osteoporosis and bone fragility.
A recent study (6) showed that magnesium deficiency is widespread, with several factors potentially responsible:
- Changes in dietary habits: we’re eating more and more refined and artificial products which are low in micronutrients. Magnesium-rich foods such as nuts and pulses are gradually being side-lined.
- Increased stress and insufficient sleep increase our need for magnesium (7). A hectic pace of life can disrupt the nervous system and accelerate depletion of magnesium reserves.
- Alcohol consumption (8) and disruption of the body’s acid-base balance (which promotes urinary loss of cations such as magnesium).
- Certain diseases such as diabetes (9) and metabolic syndrome (10).
- Certain drugs, especially diuretics, antibiotics and PPIs (used for treating stomach ulcers and acid reflux) (11).
This same study showed that the body is unable to use vitamin D correctly in the absence of adequate magnesium levels. The small amount of vitamin D circulating in the body (produced by exposing the skin to the sun’s rays and provided by the diet and supplements) is thus under-used.
Vitamin D facilitates active absorption of the calcium present in the digestive tract and supports its resorption by the bones. This is an important effect, especially when dietary intake of calcium is inadequate. Several studies have shown that boosting vitamin D intake reduces winter bone loss, mineral density loss (12) and elevated PTH levels (13).
It’s thought that vitamin D even plays a key role in the aetiology of osteoporosis. Vitamin D also maintains calcium and PO4 (phosphate) ratios in extracellular fluid during bone formation and promotes the synthesis of key cellular messengers (14).
A recent study (15) showed that one in two older people do not reach the recommended minimum blood levels for vitamin D, and even these levels are calculated to meet basic needs only, far below those for optimal health.
Of all the nutrients important for bone function, calcium is the most widely-investigated. Several studies have demonstrated a correlation between additional calcium intake and bone mass. Along with exercise and sex hormones, calcium is one of three essential factors involved in bone mass and density.
In Super Bone formula, calcium is present in 2 different forms:
- KoACT™, a new compound, a patented chelate of calcium and collagen, the strong and flexible fibrous protein which supports bone structure and helps it withstand multiple daily impacts.
- Fruitex-B™ or calcium fructoborate, a boron-fructose-calcium complex similar to that provided naturally by fruits and vegetables. This boron complex offers superior bioavailability.
Extract of bamboo Tabashir
The extract in Super Bone Formula contains more than 70% organic silica, 10 times that of horsetail. It supports the health of the skin, ligaments, tendons and bones. Silica absorption declines with age and can affect bone health, which is particularly significant as it plays a major role in mineral absorption by supporting recalcification and maintaining Ca/Mg balance. Last but not least, silica stimulates chondroblasts by enabling chondroitin sulphate and hyaluronic acid to be deposited within the cartilage matrix.
When and how should Super Bone Formula be taken?
For significant long-term effects, supplementation should be extended for several months, at a dose of 4 tablets a day.
A number of other measures can be adopted at the same time:
- supplementation with other beneficial substances (orthosilicic acid, BMPs, …) or natural complementary products such as Bone Health or Super Boswellia.
- regular exposure to sunlight;
- reduced consumption of caffeinated drinks (as they encourage loss of calcium and thus bone resorption phases) ;
- taking up – or returning to – regular exercise (appropriate for your state of health).
Updated: February 2019
This product should not be used to replace a varied, balanced diet or healthy lifestyle. Follow the advice on use, the recommended daily dose and the use-by date. Not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or for children under 15. Keep out of young children’s reach. Store in a cool, dry place.