If you could only keep one dietary supplement, it would have to be this one.
Daily 3 is an exceptional multivitamin supplement containing no less than 42 ingredients (including 12 vitamins, 8 minerals and a number of premium phytonutrients).
It is regularly rated as one of the best multivitamins available as it provides amazing value-for-money, is constantly updated and improved to reflect the latest scientific advances, and has a high content of quality, patented ingredients, such as BioPQQ®, Quatrefolic® and Bioperine®.
It was revised again in June 2019, to provide an unprecedented level of excellence.
What is it that makes Daily 3 the ultimate in multivitamin supplements?
Those who’ve tried Daily 3 know that it’s not like other multivitamin supplements. The many advantages it offers raise it to a whole new level, and produce rapid benefits.
- A new, increased dose of BioPQQ®. PQQ is a quinone disodium salt obtained naturally through fermentation and is considered to be one of the best of the antioxidant compounds. It helps increase short-term performance and maintain long-term cognitive health by supporting the production of new mitochondria. There are only a handful of multivitamin supplements that contain PQQ at this level.
- The presence of nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN), a highly-prized anti-ageing ingredient.. This is the most direct precursor of the coenzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), decreasing production of which irreversibly contributes to ageing and declining health (1). The ease with which it crosses the intestinal barrier to be converted into NAD is the reason why it’s considered to be the most promising anti-ageing supplement (2-4).
- Unlike the majority of multivitamins, Daily 3 does not contain copper or iron, as these minerals can have pro-oxidant effects in those who already have adequate levels.
- It contains remarkable amounts of vitamin D3 for a multivitamin and mineral supplement (1000 IU per 3-capsule dose, which is 100 % of the recommended daily amount).
- Nothing is included ‘just for show’. All the ingredients in Daily 3 have been selected at appropriate doses. The levels of vitamins are all close to recommended daily amounts, and sometimes higher when such levels have been identified by the scientific literature as offering therapeutic benefits, though in no case are they anywhere near the maximum amount tolerable, above which there’s a risk to health. Most multivitamin manufacturers add ingredients in token amounts simply ‘for show’, but this is categorically not the case with Daily 3.
- Daily 3 also contains natural extracts and premium antioxidant phytonutrients such as rutin, lutein, lycopene, OPCs, astaxanthin, luteolin, quercetin and apigenin, as well as appropriate amino acids such as taurine and N-acetyl-cysteine. Each helps reduce the risk of certain diseases and improves symptoms of the most common health problems (hypertension, elevated blood glucose, venous insufficiency, high cholesterol, declining energy production …).
- For each micronutrient, Supersmart has used the latest scientific data to select the most suitable forms, ensuring high bioavailability and a negligible risk of side-effects. The vitamin B9 used is a patented form (Quatrefolic®) crowned ‘Product of the Year’ at the NutraIngredients Awards 2016 which offers maximum bioavailability due to unparalleled solubility and stability. The magnesium is a chelated form which uses transport proteins to cross the cell membrane. The zinc gluconate is the form most widely-recommended for preventing the common cold, the niacinamide form of vitamin B3 is the only one that doesn’t cause flushing of the skin, and the vitamin E is natural-source as it’s the form the body uses most effectively. Nothing has been left to chance.
- The icing on the cake is the addition of Bioperine®, a patented ingredient obtained from black pepper which increases the bioavailability of many micronutrients including vitamin B6, vitamin C and selenium.
There’s a simple reason why Daily 3 has no areas of weakness: we regularly update and improve its composition based on the latest scientific literature and our customers’ opinions.
What benefits can you expect to see from supplementing with Daily 3?
A study has shown that more than 80% of American doctors and health professionals take a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement. This is hardly surprising given that this group of individuals are particularly well-informed when it comes to nutrition.
With its wide range of ingredients, Daily 3® offers innumerable health benefits. In particular, it helps:
- reduce the risk of disease and infection;
- protect cells against oxidative stress which contributes to the ageing process;
- enhance visual and nervous system function;
- support production of blood cells, collagen and thyroid hormones;
- optimise fertility and reproduction;
- maintain the health of bones, hair, skin, teeth and blood vessels;
- normalise blood sugar and cholesterol levels, as well as digestion;
- boost and re-energise the body while reducing physical and mental fatigue;
- optimise the immune system.
With such diverse advantages, Daily 3 is ideal for anyone looking for a simple and effective way of maintaining and improving their health over the long term.
What exactly are the latest changes to Daily 3?
Daily 3’s composition was updated in June 2019 to push back the boundaries of excellence even furtherand incorporate the latest scientific advances.
What’s been added
For the first time, we have added nicotinamide mononucleotide.
The addition of nicotinamide mononucleotide to Daily 3 (10mg per daily dose) is a major development given this compound’s reputation within the scientific community. It’s a highly promising anti-ageing substance which is only just starting to be available to the public. Once ingested, it crosses the intestinal barrier with ease, where it is converted into an essential coenzyme called NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide), production of which declines with age. It’s clear that NAD helps fight against ageing by increasing the level of sirtuins, the ‘longevity proteins’ involved in many physiological mechanisms.
The amount of BioPQQ® has been doubled and that of lycopene increased (from 2 to 5 mg).
Studies show that PQQ stimulates the growth of new mitochondria, the organelles responsible for cellular energy production, as well as that of nerve growth factor (NGF) (5-6). One clinical study demonstrated that 8 weeks’ supplementation with PQQ led to improvements in mood, fatigue and sleep quality (7). In this new version of Daily 3, Supersmart has increased PQQ levels to 10mg in line with the dose used in most of these studies.
The amount of magnesium has been doubled.
A recent study showed that one in two of us has inadequate magnesium levels (8). This is a growing trend due to rapid changes in dietary habits, greater stress levels (9), increasingly-common disruption of the acid-base balance, and the rising incidence of diseases like diabetes (10) and metabolic syndrome. And the consequences of such inadequacy are far from trivial: nerve and muscle hyperexcitability, cramps, tingling, hypersensitivity to stress, insomnia, increased heart rate, more frequent migraines, emotional over-sensitivity, fatigue, muscle pain...
In light of this, Supersmart has doubled the amount of magnesium, taking the total daily dose to 80 mg.
What’s been improved
Resveratrol has been replaced by pterostilbene.
Daily 3 now features pterostilbene, a nutrient from the same family as resveratrol but with much better bioavailability (80% for pterostilbene as against 20% for resveratrol).
It now contains a better form of vitamin B6.
Scientists have recently demonstrated that the active form of vitamin B6 in the body is pyridoxal-5-phosphate. Pyridoxine has therefore been replaced by this more bioavailable form.
The amount of vitamin K1 has been reduced (from 140 µg to 100 µg) but vitamin K2 has been added (75 µg).
There are two main forms of vitamin K: phytomenadione (K1) and menaquinone (K2).
The most recent studies suggest that vitamin K1 acts more directly on coagulation, while K2 works on the calcification of soft tissue. It therefore makes sense to offer both forms in our formulation.
What’s been reduced or removed
The amount of vitamin A is now lower.
As recent studies have shown that the risk of vitamin A deficiency in developed countries is now low, Supersmart has reduced the amount of this vitamin in order to make room for other beneficial nutrients. It’s important to stress that the previous version never presented any risk of ‘over-dosing’, as beta-carotene is only converted into vitamin A when the body needs it.
Total tocopherols and gamma tocopherols have been removed.
Some meta-analyses have questioned the wisdom of regular supplementation with vitamin E at doses above 400IU a day (11). For those with very low starting levels of oxidative stress, it could actually present a slight health risk. While such conclusions remain the subject of debate, Supersmart has chosen to remove the synthetic tocopherols from Daily 3 and to retain only the natural vitamin E and tocotrienols, which according to the scientific literature, are more active (12).
Molybdene, selenium and zinc have all been reduced.
We’ve chosen to reduce the amount of these three trace elements and bring them in line with recommended daily amounts since the latest studies have shown no benefit in exceeding these levels. We have, of course, retained the same exceptional forms which offer optimal bioavailability: molybdene citrate, selenomethionine (obtained naturally) and zinc gluconate.
Three good reasons to take Daily 3 every day
- To extend your life expectancy. As you’re no doubt aware, healthy life expectancy or ‘healthspan’, has stopped rising in Western countries. Many physiological mechanisms become less efficient with age, such as absorption of nutrients through the digestive wall, production of endogenous antioxidants, and efficacy of the immune system, neurotransmission and circulation. Relatively quickly, this degeneration leads to the development of age-related diseases and makes the body more fragile. The composition of Daily 3 has been developed to combat the decline in these functions and compensate for their loss of efficacy.
- To allow your body to realise its full potential and help you feel great. Even if you eat a balanced, organic diet, you’ll almost certainly still be lacking in several micronutrients. The nutrient and mineral content of our food has been in constant decline since the last century and our fruit and vegetable intake is generally far from ideal (13). Researchers have estimated the loss in calcium, iron, vitamin B12 and vitamin C to be in the region of 30% in 50 years. This is due to misuse of pesticides, soil depletion, the preference for more resistant, but less nutritious, varieties, eating foods that spend days in transit before being stored, and modern lifestyles. Daily 3 allows you to compensate for these losses: within just a few days, you’ll notice you have significantly renewed energy.
- To combat the relentless attack on your body from the pollution, harmful substances and stress that cause disease.In the West, we’re facing an epidemic of ‘new’ disorders and health problems, such as diabetes and obesity, as well as auto-immune and neurodegenerative diseases. These are all linked, either directly or indirectly, to our unhealthy new dietary model, increasingly sedentary lifestyles and raised stress levels, all of which increase our requirements for many nutrients, particularly antioxidant compounds and vitamins. With its high content of exceptional antioxidants and vitamins in optimal forms, Daily 3 helps the body combat these attacks and reduces the risk of disease.
How should Daily 3 be used?
Take three capsules a day, one with each of your three main meals: it’s never been easier to maintain good health.
Note: if you’d like more information on basic supplementation and the benefits of taking a daily multivitamin supplement, why not download our ebook The practical guide to nutritional supplements.
Attention: contains soya derivatives.
|Daily dose: 3 capsules
Number of doses per pack: 30
|Amount per dose
|BioPQQ® (Pyrroloquinoline quinone)
|Vitamin A (1000 IU beta-carotene, 500 IU palmitate)
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
|Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone)
|Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone)
|Vitamin B1 (thiamine hydrochloride)
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
|Vitamin B3 (niacinamide)
|Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate)
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)
|Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate)
|Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate, with mixed tocopherols)
|Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid (from 370 mcg of 54-59% glucosamine salts and (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid)
|Boron (calcium borogluconate)
|Chromium (Crominex® 3+)
|Iodine (potassium iodide)
|Magnesium (magnesium glycinate)
|Selenium (sodium selenate, selenomethionine)
|Green tea extract (30% EGCG + polyphenols)
|Grape seed extract (95% OPC)
|| 8 mg|
Other ingredients: acacia gum, white rice flour.
Bioperine® : Sabinsa Corporation — OptiBerry® : InterHealth N.I. Crominex® 3+, Natreon Inc, USA. Quatrefolic®, Gnosis, Italy. BioPQQ®, MGC, Japan.
Directions for useDaily 3®
Adults. Take one Daily 3® capsule after each main meal every day and give your body all the essential nutrients that studies show to be beneficial for maintaining and improving your health!
Attention: contains soy derivatives.
Finding a way of stopping the ageing process has been the stuff of dreams for generations. But now it's on the way to becoming reality as Australian and American scientists believe they've found a way of not just pausing the ageing process but rewinding it. Nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) is a precursor of NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine nucleotide) and NADH biosynthesis. This new compound should not, however, be confused with nicotinamide riboside (NR) and other substances already on the market even though they may share certain properties, particularly at a genetic level; NMN is significantly more powerful than NR.
What are the benefits associated to Nicotinamide Monocleotide?
NMN not only helps prolong life expectancy but has also shown promise in treating type 2 diabetes. This degenerative disease is directly linked to over-consumption of fat and calories which overwhelm adaptive metabolic pathways. Mouse studies showed that NMN improved glucose tolerance by restoring NAD+ levels. It enhanced insulin sensitivity in the liver, restored impaired gene expression related to oxidative stress, inflammatory response and the circadian rhythm by activating SIRT1.
At a conference on the biology of ageing organised by the Ellison Medical Foundation, Dr Shin-Ichiro Imai demonstrated that sirtuins are necessary for calorie restriction to be able to improve the activity of orexin, a brain hormone which enhances cells' sensitivity to insulin and prevents increases in body fat. However sirtuins alone are not enough - cellular NAD+ must also be present for these beneficial processes to work. The problem is, levels of NAD+ decline both with age and as a result of a high-fat diet. The good news, according to Dr Imai, is that in NMN-treated mice, researchers observed an increase in NAD+ synthesis, suggesting NMN could be a potential treatment for type 2 diabetes.
What is NAD+?
Found in all living cells, NAD+ is a coenzyme involved in redox reactions. It consists of two nucleotides linked by their phosphate group. One nucleotide contains an adenine, the other a nicotinamide. It helps enzymes transfer electrons during redox reactions to form ATP and is thus an aid to energy supply. However, levels decline with age - the NAD+ in an older person's cells will have fallen by more than 50%. The mitochondria then produce less energy and cells age. Fortunately, this process is not irreversible and intercellular energy mechanisms can be restored if levels of NAD+ are increased. In addition, NAD is an essential cofactor of key longevity enzymes called sirtuins, activating them directly. Sirtuins play a fundamental role in life expectancy as they deactivate particular genes that lead to ageing via inflammatory processes. Thus the combined fall in sirtuins 1 and 3, and in NAD+, can cause cerebral degeneration, vascular inflammation, fatigue, loss of muscle strength, increased fat stores around the liver and abdomen and insulin resistance leading directly to metabolic syndrome. All of these processes can be reversed by means of calorie restriction or supplementation with nicotinamide mononucleotide.
The mitochondria are at the heart of the problem. When they stop communicating properly with the cell nucleus, it is almost as if the cells are deprived of their energy source or battery - their nuclei shrink and ageing becomes inevitable. For Professor David Sinclair, “The ageing process can be compared to a married couple - when they're young, they communicate well, but over time, that communication breaks down. And just as with a married couple, restoring communication solved the problem”. This scientist therefore sees the decline in mitochondrial function and communication as a reversible process. He explains that NAD+ is the central pillar of cell communication but that it decreases sharply with age - until now, the only known way of preventing this loss has been through intensive exercise or calorie restriction.
What do studies show about Nicotinamide Mononucleotide?
An experiment on NMN in mice conducted by Professor David Sinclair of Harvard Medical School has produced impressive clinical results and may lead to the development of new treatments to combat ageing and its associated diseases (cancer and type 2 diabetes). When Professor Sinclair and his colleagues injected this rare substance into two year-old mice, they observed, after just one week's treatment, notable improvements to muscle (a reduction in muscle atrophy), enhanced insulin resistance and reduced inflammation, making the mice indistinguishable from younger animals. According to Dr Nigel Turner, a pharmacologist at the University of New South Wales,: “It's like a 60 year-old being similar to a 20 year-old on some measures”. Professor Sinclair added: “If these results stand, then ageing may be a reversible condition, if it is caught early".
In a report published in the journal Cell, the researchers clearly show how the NMN injected into the animals converts into NAD to repair the compromised communication channels within a very short timescale - less than a week, in fact. The activity described by Professor Sinclair, who was previously responsible for research into resveratrol, highlights NMN's ability to activate all seven of the SIRT genes involved in extending longevity. He believes nicotinamide mononucleotide could be a new class of superdrug capable of both preventing diseases such as cancer (via inhibition of HIF-1, a molecule that impairs intracellular communication and plays a role in cancer development) and Parkinson's disease, and extending life expectancy to 150 years. In humans as in mice, nicotinamide mononucleotide, at an average daily dose of 125mg - 1 capsule a day - could produce a natural reversal of the ageing process. According to Professor Sinclair, this substance is fast-acting and could also benefit young, healthy people.
In addition to this innovative formulation, you may also be interested in other anti-ageing supplements that offer effective and long-lasting protection from the effects of ageing. The potent , for example, is formulated to reactivate AMPK, a key enzyme of metabolism, levels of which decline with age. The complex contains five natural inhibitors of mTOR proteins, inhibition of which may combat premature ageing. You can also benefit from the optimised formulation which combines a selection of natural anti-ageing nutrients.
CompositionNicotinamide Mononucleotide 125 mg
|Daily serving: 1 capsule
Number of servings per box: 30
|Amount per dose
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum
Directions for useNicotinamide Mononucleotide 125 mg
Adults. Take 1 capsule a day. Each capsule contains 125 mg of nicotinamide mononucleotide.