If you could only keep one dietary supplement, it would have to be this one. Daily 3® is an exceptional multivitamin supplement in vegetarian capsules containing no less than 42 ingredients (including 12 vitamins, 8 minerals and a number of premium phytonutrients).
It is regularly rated as one of the best multivitamins available as it provides amazing value-for-money. It is constantly updated and improved to reflect the latest scientific advances, and has a high content of quality, patented ingredients, such as BioPQQ®, Quatrefolic® and Bioperine®.
It was revised again in June 2019, to provide an unprecedented level of excellence, available to buy in Supersmart online catalogue.
What is it that makes Daily 3® the ultimate in multivitamin supplements?
Those who’ve tried Daily 3® know that it’s not like other multivitamin supplements. The many advantages it offers, raise it to a whole new level and produce rapid benefits.
- A new, increased dose of BioPQQ®. PQQ is a quinone disodium salt obtained naturally through fermentation and is considered to be one of the best of the antioxidant compounds. It helps increase short-term performance and maintain long-term cognitive health by supporting the production of new mitochondria. There are only a handful of multivitamin supplements that contain PQQ at this level.
- The presence of nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN), a highly-prized anti-ageing ingredient. This is the most direct precursor of the coenzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), decreasing production of which irreversibly contributes to ageing and declining health (1). The ease with which it crosses the intestinal barrier to be converted into NAD is the reason why it’s considered to be the most promising anti-ageing supplement (2-4).
- Unlike the majority of multivitamins, Daily 3® does not contain copper or iron, as these minerals can have pro-oxidant effects in those who already have adequate levels.
- It contains remarkable amounts of vitamin D3 for a multivitamin and mineral supplement (1000 IU per 3-capsule dose, which is 100 % of the recommended daily amount).
- Nothing is included ‘just for show’. All the ingredients in Daily 3® have been selected at appropriate doses. The levels of vitamins are all close to recommended daily amounts, and sometimes higher when such levels have been identified by the scientific literature as offering therapeutic benefits, though in no case are they anywhere near the maximum amount tolerable, above which there’s a risk to health. Most multivitamin manufacturers add ingredients in token amounts simply ‘for show’, but this is categorically not the case with Daily 3®.
- Daily 3® also contains natural extracts and premium antioxidant phytonutrients such as rutin, lutein, lycopene, OPCs, astaxanthin, luteolin, quercetin and apigenin, as well as appropriate amino acids such as taurine and N-acetyl-cysteine. Each helps reduce the risk of certain diseases and improves symptoms of the most common health problems (hypertension, elevated blood glucose, venous insufficiency, high cholesterol, declining energy production …).
- For each micronutrient, Supersmart has used the latest scientific data to select the most suitable forms, ensuring high bioavailability and a negligible risk of side-effects. The vitamin B9 used is a patented form (Quatrefolic®) crowned ‘Product of the Year’ at the NutraIngredients Awards 2016 which offers maximum bioavailability due to unparalleled solubility and stability. The magnesium is a chelated form which uses transport proteins to cross the cell membrane. The zinc gluconate is the form most widely-recommended for preventing the common cold, the niacinamide form of vitamin B3 is the only one that doesn’t cause flushing of the skin, and the vitamin E is natural-source as it’s the form the body uses most effectively. Nothing has been left to chance.
- The icing on the cake is the addition of Bioperine®, a patented ingredient obtained from black pepper which increases the bioavailability of many micronutrients including vitamin B6, vitamin C and selenium.
There’s a simple reason why Daily 3® has no areas of weakness: we regularly update and improve its composition based on the latest scientific literature and our customers’ opinions.
What benefits can you expect to see from supplementing with Daily 3®?
A study has shown that more than 80% of American doctors and health professionals take a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement. This is hardly surprising given that this group of individuals are particularly well-informed when it comes to nutrition.
With its wide range of ingredients, Daily 3® offers innumerable health benefits. In particular, it helps:
- Reduce the risk of disease and infection.
- Protect cells against oxidative stress which contributes to the ageing process.
- Enhance visual and nervous system function.
- Support production of blood cells, collagen and thyroid hormone.
- Optimise fertility and reproduction.
- Maintain the health of bones, hair, skin, teeth and blood vessels.
- Normalise blood sugar and cholesterol levels, as well as digestion.
- Boost and re-energise the body while reducing physical and mental fatigue.
- Optimise the immune system.
With such diverse advantages, you can buy Daily 3® as a simple and effective way of maintaining and improving your health over the long term.
What exactly are the latest changes to Daily 3®?
Daily 3® composition was updated in June 2019 to push back the boundaries of excellence even further and incorporate the latest scientific advances.
What’s been added
For the first time, we have added nicotinamide mononucleotide.
The addition of nicotinamide mononucleotide to Daily 3® (10mg per daily dose) is a major development given this compound’s reputation within the scientific community. It’s a highly promising anti-ageing substance which is only just starting to be available to the public. Once ingested, it crosses the intestinal barrier with ease, where it is converted into an essential coenzyme called NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide), production of which declines with age. It’s clear that NAD helps fight against ageing by increasing the level of sirtuins, the ‘longevity proteins’ involved in many physiological mechanisms.
The amount of BioPQQ® has been doubled and that of lycopene increased (from 2 to 5 mg).
Studies show that PQQ stimulates the growth of new mitochondria, the organelles responsible for cellular energy production, as well as that of nerve growth factor (NGF) (5-6). One clinical study demonstrated that 8 weeks’ supplementation with PQQ led to improvements in mood, fatigue, and sleep quality (7). In this new version of Daily 3®, Supersmart has increased PQQ levels to 10mg in line with the dose used in most of these studies.
The amount of magnesium has been doubled.
A recent study showed that one in two of us has inadequate magnesium levels (8). This is a growing trend due to rapid changes in dietary habits, greater stress levels (9), increasingly common disruption of the acid-base balance, and the rising incidence of diseases like diabetes (10) and metabolic syndrome. And the consequences of such inadequacy are far from trivial: nerve and muscle hyperexcitability, cramps, tingling, hypersensitivity to stress, insomnia, increased heart rate, more frequent migraines, emotional over-sensitivity, fatigue, muscle pain...
In light of this, Supersmart has doubled the amount of magnesium, taking the total daily dose to 80 mg.
What’s been improved
Resveratrol has been replaced by pterostilbene.
Daily 3® now features pterostilbene, a nutrient from the same family as resveratrol but with much better bioavailability (80% for pterostilbene as against 20% for resveratrol).
It now contains a better form of vitamin B6.
Scientists have recently demonstrated that the active form of vitamin B6 in the body is pyridoxal-5-phosphate. Pyridoxine has therefore been replaced by this more bioavailable form.
The amount of vitamin K1 has been reduced (from 140 µg to 100 µg) but vitamin K2 has been added (75 µg).
There are two main forms of vitamin K: phytomenadione (K1) and menaquinone (K2).The most recent studies suggest that vitamin K1 acts more directly on coagulation, while K2 works on the calcification of soft tissue. It therefore makes sense to offer both forms in our formulation.
What’s been reduced or removed
The amount of vitamin A is now lower.
As recent studies have shown that the risk of vitamin A deficiency in developed countries is now low, Supersmart has reduced the amount of this vitamin in order to make room for other beneficial nutrients. It’s important to stress that the previous version never presented any risk of ‘over-dosing’, as beta-carotene is only converted into vitamin A when the body needs it.
Total tocopherols and gamma tocopherols have been removed.
Some meta-analyses have questioned the wisdom of regular supplementation with vitamin E at doses above 400IU a day (11). For those with very low starting levels of oxidative stress, it could actually present a slight health risk. While such conclusions remain the subject of debate, Supersmart has chosen to remove the synthetic tocopherols from Daily 3® and to retain only the natural vitamin E and tocotrienols, which according to the scientific literature, are more active (12).
Molybdene, selenium and zinc have all been reduced.
We’ve chosen to reduce the amount of these three trace elements and bring them in line with recommended daily amounts since the latest studies have shown no benefit in exceeding these levels. We have, of course, retained the same exceptional forms which offer optimal bioavailability: molybdene citrate, selenomethionine (obtained naturally) and zinc gluconate.
Three good reasons to take Daily 3® every day
- To extend your life expectancy. As you’re no doubt aware, healthy life expectancy or ‘healthspan’, has stopped rising in Western countries. Many physiological mechanisms become less efficient with age, such as absorption of nutrients through the digestive wall, production of endogenous antioxidants, and efficacy of the immune system, neurotransmission, and circulation. Relatively quickly, this degeneration leads to the development of age-related diseases and makes the body more fragile. The composition of Daily 3® has been developed to combat the decline in these functions and compensate for their loss of efficacy.
- To allow your body to realise its full potential and help you feel great. Even if you eat a balanced, organic diet, you’ll almost certainly still be lacking in several micronutrients. The nutrient and mineral content of our food has been in constant decline since the last century and our fruit and vegetable intake is generally far from ideal (13). Researchers have estimated the loss in calcium, iron, vitamin B12 and vitamin C to be in the region of 30% in 50 years. This is due to misuse of pesticides, soil depletion, the preference for more resistant, but less nutritious, varieties, eating foods that spend days in transit before being stored, and modern lifestyles. Daily 3® allows you to compensate for these losses: within just a few days, you’ll notice you have significantly renewed energy.
- To combat the relentless attack on your body from the pollution, harmful substances and stress that cause disease. In the West, we’re facing an epidemic of ‘new’ disorders and health problems, such as diabetes and obesity, as well as auto-immune and neurodegenerative diseases. These are all linked, either directly or indirectly, to our unhealthy new dietary model, increasingly sedentary lifestyles and raised stress levels, all of which increase our requirements for many nutrients, particularly antioxidant compounds and vitamins. With its high content of exceptional antioxidants and vitamins in optimal forms, Daily 3® helps the body combat these attacks and reduces the risk of disease.
How should Daily 3® be used?
Take three capsules a day, one with each of your three main meals: it’s never been easier to maintain good health.
Note: if you’d like more information on basic supplementation and the benefits of taking a daily multivitamin supplement, why not download our eBook The practical guide to nutritional supplements.
This PQQ & CoQ10 supplement improves antioxidant status and mitochondrial health via complementary mechanisms by providing multi-faceted support for cardiovascular and cerebral function. It also improves mental condition and quality of life in elderly patients and may be beneficial in delaying or preventing cognitive decline in middle-aged individuals.
What are the benefits associated with PQQ & Q10 capsules?
This new dietary supplement offers the synergistic benefits of pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) and co-enzyme Q10 (CoQ10). Extensively studied in recent years, these two compounds offer significant antioxidant potency. They are thus able to combat oxidative stress – the result of attacks on cells by highly reactive species. The best-known of these are free radicals which contribute to premature ageing of cells as well as the development of certain age-related disorders such as cognitive impairment. The good news is that antioxidants are available which can fight the effects of free radicals and protect cognitive function, such as PQQ and CoQ10.
PQQ – or to give it its scientific name, pyrroloquinoline quinone – is one of the most powerful antioxidants currently known. It has the advantage of having good molecular stability which makes it highly effective at fighting oxidative stress. Its antioxidant activity is particularly beneficial for protecting mitochondria, the cell structures essential for energy production. In addition to this protective role, it promotes new mitochondrial growth:
- It's an ultra-powerful antioxidant, up to 5,000 times more effective than vitamin C.
- It's the only nutrient capable of generating new mitochondria – up to 20% more, in existing – even ageing - cells.
- It uniquely ensures protection for mitochondrial DNA, which is particularly exposed and vulnerable to oxidative stress.
Coenzyme Q10 features in the composition of a number of anti-ageing formulations. In helping to protect the body against free radicals, coenzyme Q10 helps prevent premature ageing of the cells and the onset of certain age-related symptoms. In addition, this powerful antioxidant works within the mitochondria for the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). The main energy source for numerous cellular functions, ATP is essential in order for the body to function properly. Despite this critical role, the body's ATP reserves are very low and need to be constantly renewed, hence the importance of coenzyme Q10 for maintaining vital and cognitive functions.
Why combine PQQ and Q10?
Often recommended individually, PQQ and CoQ10 are combined in this supplement to take advantage of their synergistic effects. Indeed, recent research has shown that combining them in this way may strengthen their protective role against oxidative stress. These studies suggest that their antioxidant effects may be particularly enhanced in the cardiovascular and nervous systems. As a result, PQQ and CoQ10 are today associated with protecting the heart, red blood cells and brain, as well as preventing age-related problems such as memory loss and concentration deficit.
The suggested dose for this PQQ & CoQ10 supplement is two capsules a day. Other powerful antioxidants are also available at Supersmart for fighting age-related cellular damage such as , the natural antioxidant found in grapes and red wine. For optimal efficacy, this protective compound can also be combined with other antioxidants such as in the synergistic formulation .
Buy PQQ & Q10 to help fight cellular ageing.