Bifidobacterium longum Supplement - Probiotic for Gastrointestinal Health
Bifidobacterium longum is a probiotic supplement intended to regenerate the intestinal flora, now available to buy at Supersmart.
What is Bifidobacterium longum?
Bifidobacterium was isolated for the first time in 1899 from a healthy, breast-fed new-born baby. It was subsequently accepted as an independent genus of bacteria the main characteristic of which is to produce lactic acid and acetic acid as the principal products of glucose fermentation.
Isolated in 1977, the human bifidobacteria strain Bifidobacterium longum BB536, is the most widely studied in terms of health benefits. Over 40 articles have been published in scientific journals, highlighting in particular, its role in improving the intestinal environment, helping to maintain a healthy immune system, fight infection, and promoting bone strength.
What are the benefits associated with Bifidobacterium longum?
Intestinal microflora comprises over 100 species of beneficial, neutral or harmful bacteria - all in constant conflict with each other. Their number and balance can be upset by a wide variety of causes such as antibiotics or other drugs, stress, ageing or alcohol consumption, in which case the health of the intestine and even the individual in general, can be affected. Probiotics such as bifidobacteria help to restore balance to intestinal microflora. In particular, scientific research has shown that Bifidobacterium longum BB536:
- Improves intestinal microflora in older people (levels of bifidobacteria decline with age) which, in turn, improves the intestinal environment and contributes to a healthy gastrointestinal system and its resistance to infection.
- Its administration results in a significant increase in the proportion of Bifidobacteria in intestinal flora and a simultaneous reduction in products of putrefaction such as ammonia.
- In low-weight premature babies, it stimulates bifidobacteria colonisation and the formation of bifidobacteria microflora, thus reducing intestinal infections.
- Leads to increased production of total IgAs and promotes resistance to infection by Escherichia-coli.
- Has an immunostimulant effect (it encourages the production of specific and non-specific antibodies) as well as an anti-infective effect (the powerful bactericide action of the acetic acid produced by bifidobacteria destroys harmful bacteria such as Escherichia-coli).
- Prevents diarrhoea caused by taking antibiotics;
- Regulates intestinal transit in people with constipation: it improves the intestinal environment by, in particular, reducing the ammonia content of stools and the activity of certain faecal enzymes, and increases the frequency of stools.
- Stimulates the immune system in older people with reduced immunity by activating their neutrophils and NK cells. It thus lowers risk of infection, particularly by the flu virus.
- Significantly reduces symptoms of allergy to Japanese cedar pollen. It appears to work by combating the changes sustained by faecal flora over the course of the pollen season.
- Boosts bone strength, probably by improving calcium absorption.
Buy Bifidobacterium longum supplement to enjoy the many benefits of the strain Bifidobacterium longum BB536, formulated in DR Caps for optimal absorption and bioavailability. Each capsule provides almost 2 billion microorganisms, with the recommended dose of three capsules a day delivering an exceptional 6 billion microorganisms. This dose can be adapted according to your needs and the advice of your therapist. These probiotics should be refrigerated in order to preserve their quality. Their efficacy can be enhanced by also taking prebiotics such as which promote probiotic growth.
|Daily serving: 3 capsules
Number of servings per bottle: 20
| Bifidobacterium longum BB536 † (6 billion microorganisms *)
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, white rice bran.
Each capsule contains 25 mg of Bifidobacterium longum BB536†
(2 billion micro-organisms*).
†BB536 is an active probiotic strain developed by Morinaga Milk Industry.
*90% stable when stored in the refrigerator.
Directions for use
Take one capsule an hour before each meal.
Value for money
Je le prends régulièrement depuis des années et j'ai constaté une efficacité certaine.
Un complément alimentaire de qualité que je recommande vivement. Je le prends régulièrement depuis des années en association avec les autres de la gamme, et depuis je ne suis plus victime des désagréments relatifs à la baisse d'immunité en mauvaise saison. Je les prends personnellement durant toute l'année et avec des résultats vraiment spectaculaires !
Die Wirkung des Mittels tifft zu und hilft!
Client GOLETTO Ludwig
Je le consomme pendant un mois tous les 3 mois afin de regénérer ma flore intestinale.
Suite à hernie discale cruralgie, et donc suppos de Lamaline...mes intestins étaient très sensibles, d’où Ventre douloureux...
Le bifidobacterium a permis à mon ventre de se calmer...ça va bien
Un produit d'une efficacité remarquable que je recommande vivement!