Astragaloside IV Supplement - Astragalus Extract with Anti-Ageing Properties
Astragaloside IV is an anti-ageing supplement in vegetarian capsules with several beneficial properties, particularly immunostimulant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-glycation. Its exceptional properties are due to astragaloside's specific ability to activate telomerase, thus slowing down the shortening of telomeres, and extending cell lifespan. Shortening of telomeres is associated with cellular ageing and the development of age-related diseases.
How is Astragaloside IV obtained?
Astragaloside IV is present in minute amounts in the root of Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus), a plant particularly valued in traditional Chinese medicine. Through a highly complex and expensive process, it is extracted and concentrated in order to obtain an active amount. Commercially available products sold in the form of powder or astragalus extract do not contain detectable amounts of Astragaloside IV. Astragalus root has been prescribed for centuries as a tonic, as well as to treat a wide range of diseases, to prevent weakness in patients and to protect them against infection.
What are the benefits associated with Astragaloside IV capsules?
Astragalus root contains, amongst others, a series of cycloartane glycosides called astragalosides I to VII. The most widely studied of these, in Chinese and European research centres, is astragaloside IV. Studies suggest, amongst others, that astragalus root extract and astragaloside IV have the following properties:
- Immunostimulant: acting through a number of different pathways, especially by increasing the number of stem cells in the spinal cord and lymphatic tissue and encouraging them to develop into active immune cells and by stimulating the production of immunoglobulins and macrophages;
- Anti-inflammatory: as shown in certain animal models. The ability of astragaloside IV to stem inflammation of the airways in chronic asthma has been reported in studies on mice.
- Antibacterial: as demonstrated by in vitro studies on Shigella dysenteriae, Streptococcus haemolyticus, Diplococcus pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus.
- Antiviral: inhibiting replication of certain viruses such as coxsackie, responsible for myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle). In both animal and human studies, they were shown to stimulate endogenous interferon production and to maximise its effect on viral infections.
- Antioxidant: inhibiting lipid peroxidation by 40% in vitro. These antioxidant properties may go some way to explaining the cardio- and neuroprotective effects of astragalus and astragaloside IV.
- Cardioprotective: with studies highlighting health benefits for patients with congestive cardiac insufficiency and angina pectoris. Astragalus extracts have a cardiotonic effect.
- Neuroprotective: in traditional Chinese medicine, astragalus root extract is used to treat neurodegenerative diseases. One study demonstrated the capacity of astragaloside IV to protect dopaminergic neurons (progressive degeneration of dopaminergic neurons leads to the development of Parkinson's disease).
- Protective: against the toxic effects of chemotherapy. Astragalus extract boosts resistance to the immunosuppressive effects of chemotherapy drugs by encouraging macrophages to product interleukin 6 and tumour necrosis factor.
- Inhibitory against formation of the AGEs (advanced glycation end-products) involved in neuropathic complications of diabetes.
Telomere shortening is currently one of the most widely studied areas of anti-ageing medicine. Along with astragaloside IV, there's a number of natural active principles available to buy at Supersmart, that have been identified for their ability to protect telomeres or stimulate telomerase. Two such ingredients are cycloastragenol and resveratrol. Other beneficial compounds, such as vitamins C and E, carnosine and several natural antioxidants, have also been included in the enhanced formulation Telomeres Maintenance Formula. The shortest telomeres have been observed in octogenarians. Research also suggests that individuals aged 60 or older with the shortest telomers appear to be at significantly higher risk of death from infectious disease or heart attacks. Conversely, studies have shown that stimulating telomerase may significantly increase cell lifespan.
Buy Astragaloside IV to fight cellular ageing.
|Daily dose : 2 capsules
Number of doses per pack : 30
|Amount per dose
|Astragaloside IV 98%
|Other ingredients : Acacia gum, rice flour.
Directions for use
Adults. Take 1 to 2 capsules a day.
Each capsule contains 50 mg astragaloside IV.
Advice on taking Astragaloside IV and Resveratrol Synergy
We do not yet have enough evidence to recommend taking Astragaloside IV and Resveratrol Synergy together, every day, for prolonged periods.
At the moment, some people take Astragaloside IV in the morning (two capsules) then one capsule of Resveratrol Synergy at lunchtime and one in the evening.
Others alternate the two products: one on one day, the other the next day; one, for one week, the other for the following week; or one for one month and the other for the next month.
Some people take a break every month and some every three months, others do not. Choose the option that suits you best and gives you the most benefits.
There have been no reports so far of intolerance to these products.
Value for money
La fontaine de jouvence
Un classique: indispensable, et sur le long terme !
Pour l'instant, je ne prends qu'un seul comprimé par jour. J'ai déjà pris de l'astragale en ampoule, il me semble que l'effet est plus fort...
PARGADE Jean Louis
c'est dans la durée que l'on peut apprécier l'efficacité…
Nach 2 Monaten spürte ich eine Verbesserung des allgemeinen Zustands.
Verbesserung Verdauung und Gedächtnis.
difficile a évaluer, c'est lorsque on arréte le traitement que l'on constate une différence majeur
Cela paraît être un excellent produit; on peut trouver l'astragale en extrait fluide, mais apparemment aussi en gélules.
FINIE la fatigue ! MERCI
J’utilise le produit depuis deux mois et il me semble que cela a un effet positif sur mon état d’esprit et mon état général : plus active et plus d’énergie.
J’avais lu que certains avaient utilisé en même temps du resveratrol. J’en avais acheté en pensant que cela décuplerait l’effet de l’astragaloside mais cela n’a pas été le cas, cela me donnait des vertiges et j’ai donc arrêté au bout de trois jours. Après mon troisième mois d’astragaloside, j’essaierai de reprendre le resveratrol seul, en alternance comme conseillé pour voir si cela me convient mieux.
je l'ai pris 3 mois .je n'ai rien remarqué de particulier