Super Gingerols Supplement - Helps to Relieve Digestive Problems
Super Gingerols is an exceptional ginger supplement, standardised to 20% gingerols - the plant’s most active phenolic compounds – to maximise its numerous benefits. It helps, in particular, to support digestion and prevent travel sickness.
What benefits are offered by ginger?
The rhizome of ginger (Zingiber officinale) is among the medicinal plants listed in the French and European Pharmacopoeia. It has been recognised by the WHO since 1999 for preventing nausea and vomiting. In addition to this effect, the Commission E also recognises it as a treatment for digestive problems (dyspepsia).
An integral part of Chinese and Indian diets, ginger offers other benefits for health:
- It helps prevent motion sickness. The plant’s gingerols and shogaols may both play a part in this effect by acting on gastric peristalsis(1), rather than on the vestibular system. Research also suggests it acts on receptors located on the vagus nerve, responsible for nausea and vomiting. An effect on the central nervous system has not been excluded (2) in explaining ginger’s efficacy against kinetosis (a term covering the problems related to travel by various means of transport, that contribute to an imbalance between what the eye perceives and the information transmitted by the vestibule, the part of the inner ear responsible for balance).
- It supports energy and vitality.
- It helps normalise respiratory function and the immune system.
- It helps to maintain digestive health. Ginger has been used in this way for centuries and numerous studies have investigated its mechanisms. Three appear unanimous in their conclusion: it has a positive effect on blood flow in and flushing of the gut, another on gastrointestinal motility and another on heat-sensitive nerves. It also seems that gingerols are able to normalise stomach acid secretions.
How do ginger supplements work?
Ginger has a complex chemical composition. It contains starch, essential oils, and vitamins and minerals, but above all, it is its phenolic compounds which have been the subject of in-depth scientific study. Of particular note are gingerols, which are primarily responsible for the plant’s benefits, followed by shogaols, zingerone, gingerdiols and paradols (or deoxygingerols).
To maximise the beneficial effects of ginger, we’ve chosen to offer a ginger supplement standardised to 20% gingerols.
Ginger and Ayurvedic medicine
Ginger, which in its fresh form is known as ‘Aardraka’, occupies an important place in Ayurvedic medicine (recognised by the World Health Organization in 1982 as a method of healthcare). According to Ayurvedic texts, it offers several benefits:
- it rebalances disorders of the Kapha dosha (doshas being the three humours or life energies), ie, those affecting ‘cooling down’;
- it corrects imbalances of the Vata dosha: bloating, gas, digestive disorders …
- it maintains an effective ‘digestive fire’ (called Agni), and thus helps the body to function normally.
It’s often combined with pepper, as it is thought to intensify its action.
You can test the effects of this promising combination by taking an extract of black pepper standardised in piperine.
How should Super Gingerols be taken?
For travel sickness, take one to two capsules an hour before departure. Repeat four hours later, until your symptoms are gone. In addition, try to make sure you:
- Sit in the front seat, taking care to look at the horizon.
- Open the vehicle’s windows to let in fresh air.
- Take 2-4 drops of essential oil of peppermint diluted in a little vegetable oil, between one and three times during the journey.
For digestion, take one capsule after meals. In addition, try to follow these steps :
- Combine the ginger supplement with
one of turmeric standardised in curcuminoids.
- Don’t lie down straight after a meal.
- Take regular exercise to maintain good digestive transit.
- Don’t smoke and reduce your alcohol consumption while you are supplementing.
- Drink plenty of water (1-1.5 litres a day), ideally in between meals.
- Eat slowly and calmly, taking time to chew your food well.
- Manage your stress levels, taking a
specific stress-relieving supplement if necessary.
For all other indications, we recommend taking 2 capsules a day.