Carcinine Supplement - Stable Form of Carnosine to Fight Glycation
Carcinine is a dietary supplement containing carcinine with three times higher absorption capacity than average thanks to the use of patented stabilisation technology. Free from synthetic excipients, it is aimed at anyone who cares about the appearance of their skin.
What is carcinine?
Carcinine (β-alanyl histamine) is a dipeptide with an imidazole ring like histamine, vitamin B12 and biotin. It was discovered in 1975 in the crustacean Carcinus maenas(1) and was later found in the hearts of several species of mammal (2).
Studies show it to be metabolically related to histamine, histidine and carnosine (β-alanyl histidine), compounds linked with physiological responses to stress (3). Other studies have enabled it to be synthesised from histamine and β-alanine (4).
Why choose our carcinine supplement?
Our carcinine supplement was developed by the European laboratory Iontec, using patented stabilisation technology. Iontec states it is three times more resistant to enzymes than carnosine.
What happens to carcinine once it’s ingested?
As an antagonist of the histamine H3 receptors, carcinine is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, an extremely selective filter, and reach the brain.
What is glycation?
There are two types of ageing of the human body: intrinsic and extrinsic.
Intrinsic ageing is the kind written in our genes which remains unavoidable, while extrinsic ageing is the result of external, accelerating factors such as UV rays, stress and smoking.
Some of these factors have a particular effect on glycation, a biochemical process contributing to the development of wrinkles and loss of tissue elasticity, in which a sugar reacts with the free amine function of our amino acids. This reaction causes the formation of ‘advanced glycation end-products’ (AGEs), compounds which are difficult to break down and which contribute to chaos in tissue, in which they are abundantly present (they induce secretion of proinflammatory messengers, rigidification, disruption to cell viability, acceleration of oxidative stress …). It’s one of a number of mechanisms responsible for ageing.
How should Carcinine be taken?
We recommend taking 2 capsules of carcinine a day with a large glass of water, one with each of your two main meals.
For optimal efficacy, it can be combined with:
To further enhance your skin’s appearance, we recommend taking the following steps in tandem with supplementation:
- exercise regularly. Even if you’re starting at a more advanced age, physical activity offers considerable benefits against ageing of the body in general and of the skin in particular (it slows down loss of muscle, prevents metabolic problems, maintains good cardiovascular and respiratory function) ;
- hydrate your skin every day using a gentle moisturiser and protect it from the negative effects of UV rays.
- drink plenty of water (around 2 litres a day). This simple action helps to maintain the skin’s hydrolipidic barrier which is 70% water;
- eat a varied, balanced diet, with plenty of antioxidants to combat oxidative stress, one of the causes of ageing. Eat moderately – several studies have shown that when calorie restriction is applied at a relatively young age, it can help to slow down glycation of proteins;
- get enough sleep. No more than 8 hours a night, and ideally sleep on your back to prevent repeated creasing of the skin on your face.