Hemo Comfort, a dietary supplement for combatting haemorrhoids
A unique formulation, Hemo Comfort is a high-grade dietary supplement specifically formulated to help combat problem haemorrhoids, reducing their size and associated bleeding. Discover the different plants that make up this supplement and their multiple benefits.
Brief recap of haemorrhoids
Haemorroids (also known as ‘piles’) are a network of small blood vessels located around the anus.
Genetic predisposition, frequent constipation or a sedentary lifestyle can all cause these internal and external blood vessels to dilate. Excessive dilation can be a major source of discomfort: increased haemorrhoid volume, itching, bleeding during bowel movements, pain... When it gets to this stage, it is referred to as haemorrhoidal disease (1-3).
What exactly does the supplement Hemo Comfort contain?
The good news is that research has identified several natural, plant-source compounds that can help combat excessive haemorrhoid dilation. The supplement Hemo Comfort thus contains the following 4 bio-active substances which have been shown to be particularly effective:
- horse chestnut extract (standardised to 20% aescin). Horse chestnut is the most effective known natural venotonic. Its benefits come primarily from its aescin content, a mixture of saponins with anti-oedema effects. Horse chestnut is used for invigorating venous circulation, by sending blood back towards the heart, and for helping to lower blood pressure in the legs. Horse chestnut is thus widely used to help combat problem haemorrhoids and varicose veins. It may also help to maintain healthy skin (4-9);
- diosmin extracted from the fruit of Citrus aurantium, , also known as Seville or bitter orange. This flavone is often used in cases of acute or chronic haemorrhoids. Several studies have shown diosmin to be effective in relieving the pain and bleeding associated with the condition (10-13);
- hesperidin, also derived from the fruit of Citrus aurantium. Hesperidin is a citrus bioflavonoid which promotesincreased venous tone. It is believed to have vasculoprotective, venotonic and anti-hypertensive effects. These multiple properties make it a useful substance for helping to reduce haemorrhoid problems(14-16) ;
- troxerutin extracted from the flowers of Sophora japonica, also known as the Japanese pagoda tree. Part of the oxerutin family, this flavonol is used for helping to protect blood vessels and combat haemorrhoid problems. According to some studies, it also plays a role in fighting the generation of free radicals associated with a high-cholesterol diet (17-20).
What are the benefits offered by Hemo Comfort?
All the compounds in this supplement act synergistically to help combat problem haemorrhoids.
Firstly, the aescin in horse chestnut, and the hesperidin work together to help invigorate venous circulation, lower blood pressure and reduce excessive haemorrhoid dilation (and thus size) (21-23).
Hemo Comfort deliberately combines specially-selected venotonic flavonoids namely diosmin, hesperidin and troxerutin) which have proved highly effective at helping to reduce the oedema, thrombosis, bleeding and pain specific to this condition (24).
How should this natural anti-haemorrhoid supplement be taken?
To benefit from Hemo Comfort’s excellent properties, take 4 vegetarian capsules a day with a glass of water.
3 tips for preventing or eradicating haemorrhoid flare-ups
Want to prevent a haemorrhoid flare-up or relieve an existing one? Try to:
- avoid becoming constipated. Straining during a bowel movement encourages problem haemorrhoids. Increase your intake of fibre (found in fruit, vegetables, grains …) and drink plenty of water to soften your stools;
- take regular exercise as it helps to regulate gastrointestinal transit. It will also help revitalise your circulation . Try not to stay sitting down for several hours in a row;
- during a flare-up, avoid foods and drinks that irritate the mucous membranes (coffee, alcohol, hot mustard, spicy dishes ...) If you suffer with itching, apply cold compresses to the anal area for 10 minutes, 3-4 times a day. In addition, avoid lifting heavy objects, as it can cause an increase in venous pressure.
Supplements to take in conjunction with Hemo Comfort
To help prevent constipation, a key factor in haemorrhoidal disease, you could combine Hemo Comfort with a course of Bifidobacterium longum. This excellent probiotic has been specially formulated to help regenerate the gut microbiota. Each capsule contains no fewer than 2 billion ‘good bacteria’ destined for your gut.
The supplement Triple Protect meanwhile, will help invigorate your blood flowto help send blood back towards the heart. Rich in Quatrefolic®, nattokinase, K2 and quercetin, this natural formulation simultaneously supports healthy arterial circulation and blood coagulation, and a decrease in hypertension.