Ornithine Alpha Ketoglutarate (OKG) 1000 mg
Ornithine alpha ketoglutarate (OKG) is a compound that combines two molecules of the amino acid ornithine with one molecule of alpha ketoglutaric acid, an important component in the Krebs cycle. As a precursor of growth hormone, ornithine is twice as effective as arginine. OKG supplementation increases production of GH (growth hormone) and of IGF-1, an active, easy-to-measure derivative of GH.
- OKG has been used to promote growth in children of abnormally small stature (Monkorzel, Goulet et al., Growth retardation in children receiving long term total parenteral nutrition: effects of ornithin alpha ketoglutarate, Am J Clin Nutr, 60(3): 408-13.1974 Sep).
- OKG also slows down loss of muscle mass in hospitalized patients and accelerates healing of serious burns (de Bandt, Coudray-Lucas et al, a randomized controlled trial of the influence of the mode of enteral ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate administration in burn patients, J Nutr, 128(3):563-9 1998 Mar)
- OKG increases protein synthesis and protects against muscular catabolism and is therefore particularly beneficial to sports enthusiasts and anyone wishing to promote their production of growth hormone.
- Other studies show that OKG is particularly active in the mechanisms of ammonia detoxification: it combines with the ammonia produced during muscular exercise and thus improves recovery, helping to prevent cramps and stiffness.
- OKG is also an effective inhibitor of protein glycation (the process in which sugar molecules bond to proteins by cross-linking': these non-functional structures accelerate the ageing process).
|Daily serving: 10 tablets
Number of servings per bottle: 6
|L-ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate 2:1
|Other ingredients: calcium carbonate, stearic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide.
Each tablet contains 1 000 mg L-ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate 2:1.
Directions for use
Take from 3 to 10 tablets per day, in one or two doses according to your therapist advise.