No reviews for this product yet
Damiana Extract is an aphrodisiac supplement made from the leaves of the damiana plant (Turnera aphrodisiaca). It is designed to increase sexual desire, reduce stress linked to sexual problems, and improve sensitivity and orgasm frequency.
Traditionally recognised as a sex tonic, damiana contains a number of specific compounds which give it its physiological effects.
Who is Damiana Extract aimed at?
Damiana Extract is for anyone who wants to rekindle the flame of desire and increase their sexual activity.
It is also for:
Women who find it difficult to achieve orgasm.
Women who have lost interest in sex and erotic fantasies.
Men who frequently have erectile problems (who are unable to achieve an erection or maintain a firm enough erection).
Men and women whose sexual desire has deserted them.
Men and women who block out the thought of sexual activity or find it repellent.
Men and women who feel anxious or stressed about sexual activity.
What is in Damiana Extract and how does it work?
Turnera aphrodisiaca is a small American shrub with a long history of therapeutic use. Before the arrival of the Europeans, the Maya people used its leaves – which they called mizibcoc – to treat dizziness and to make an aphrodisiac drink. The plant was subsequently included in several European and American pharmacopoeia, primarily for its effects as a sexual stimulant. The famous British Herbal Pharmacopoeia included other applications such as impotence-related anxiety, depression and coital incapacity.
These effects are the result of several substances present in damiana leaves, as well as in the essential oil and shoots: terpene compounds, caffeine, arbutin, β-sitosterol (phytosterols), as well as flavonoids such as apigenin, damianin and echinacin (1-3).
It is the flavonoids which are largely responsible for damiana’s effects on sex drive (4). They help stimulate blood flow, increase testosterone production in men and improve ejaculation problems. More specifically, apigenin promotes mental relaxation and physical well-being, both of which are essential for fostering healthy sexual activity, while caffeine acts as a natural tonic. Two double-blind, placebo-controlled studies (5-6) have demonstrated the efficacy of natural products containing damiana extracts for increasing sexual desire and frequency of orgasms, particularly in perimenopausal women.
Damiana has other benefits too: it plays a role in weight control, dysmenorrhea (an oestrogenic action), benign prostatic hyperplasia (an anti-aromatase effect), and pre-menstrual syndrome, and also fights oxidative stress.
How should Damiana Extract be taken?
To obtain significant effects, it’s advisable to take a daily dose of 2-3 capsules for several weeks.
For men with erectile problems, it can be combined with other supplements available to buy at Supersmart, such as Prosexstim, a natural stimulant of erectile function. To promote greater relaxation and well-being, a better combination choice is Super Ashwagandha an Ayurveda extract ofWithania somnifera.
Although damiana is very well-tolerated, it can have blood sugar-lowering effects, which may well overlap with those of plants or supplements with a hypoglycaemic action (such as berberine).
Buy Damiana Extract capsules for aphrodisiac benefits.
|Daily dose: 3 capsules
Number of doses per pack: 30
|Amount per dose
| Extract of damiana leaf 4:1
|Other ingredients: acacia gum, white rice bran.
Directions for useDamiana Extract
Take 3 capsules a day. Each capsule contains 250 mg of damiana leaf extract.
Super Ashwagandha is formulated from ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). In Ayurvedic medicine, ashwagandha is considered a Rasayana – a tonic for restoring and maintaining health and longevity.
What are the benefits associated with Super Ashwagandha?
Ashwaganda is a plant native to the dry regions of India such as Rajasthan and Gujarat, but also grows in Nepal, China and Yemen. Sometimes known as Indian ginseng, the ashwagandha plant has been used in traditional Indian medicine for thousands of years as an Ayurvedic tonic and revitaliser. Its reputation comes from its many medicinal properties: it is thought to have anxiolytic, hypotensive, pain-relief and antioxidant effects.
- This energising plant is traditionally used to treat problems related to ageing, impotence and mental fatigue.
- Offered as a natural anti-stress remedy to help soothe and relax, ashwagandha is also used to combat insomnia and anxiety.
- With its many benefits and anti-stress effects, ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogen plant. These atypical plants have the particular feature of increasing the body’s ability to adapt to different stressful situations. In other words, they tend to regularise various metabolic functions.
- However, not only are there differences in how these adaptogen plants behave, but their effects can vary from one individual to another. This is the case with ashwagandha which tends to have a particular effect on brain function and the immune system.
Other widely-used adaptogen plants include Panax ginseng, Rhodiola rosea and Astragalus membranaceus. As with ashwagandha, these plants have long been used as tonics in many traditional systems of medicine and are available to buy at Supersmart in supplement form.
Why opt for Super ashwagandha?
It is ashwagandha’s steroidal lactone content, particularly withanolides, which are responsible for this medicinal plant’s stimulant and beneficial effects.
- Of these withanolides, withaferin A may be the plant’s most powerful active principle.
- This molecule appears to have a number of beneficial effects on the body’s cells: anti-inflammatory, cardio-protective, neuroprotective, immune-suppressant and anti-tumour.
- While additional studies are underway to further explore its mechanisms of action, withaferin A could well offer significant therapeutic potential, both in terms of the prevention and treatment of certain diseases.
- Our Super ashwagandha capsules contain the patented ashwagandha root extract KSM-66®, standardised to contain more than 5% withanolides.
For optimal quality and safety, neither chemicals nor alcohol have been used in this formulation. It respects the delicate balance between the various constituents naturally present in whole ashwagandha root. Each capsule of Super ashwagandha contains 300mg of patented extract. The recommended dose for our dietary supplement is two capsules a day, though this can be adapted in line with your therapist’s advice. Offering strength, vitality and well-being, this traditional medicine-derived formulation is now available to buy from our online catalogue.
Daily dose : 2 capsules
Number of doses per box : 60
Amount per dose
KSM-66® extract of ashwagandha root (Withania somnifera) standardised to 5% withanolides
|| 600 mg