Adrenal Support Supplement – Synergic Blend to Improve Stress Response
Adrenal Support is a synergistic supplement containing minerals, vitamins and adaptogen plant extracts such as tulsi, designed to help the body adapt to different types of stress, whatever the source.
Producing Adrenal Support entailed a comprehensive review of the scientific literature on adrenal gland health and stress management.
What are the adrenal glands and what role do they play in the body?
Located above each kidney, the two adrenal glands produce hormones which the body needs in order to function properly, in particular, adrenalin and noradrenalin.
These two hormones come into play in times of stress or anxiety and have direct effects on the body, such as inreased blood pressure, excitement, selective attention, emotions and sleep. They are released into the bloodstream by the adrenal glands in response to stress or an activity or situation perceived as being stressful.
The adrenal glands also release cortisol, a steroid hormone produced from cholesterol, widely known as the ‘stress hormone’. Its role is to help the body deal with stress by mobilising the energy needed to supply the muscles, brain and heart. Chronic stress is normally accompanied by continuous secretion of high levels of cortisol.
What is chronic stress?
Chronic stress describes what happens when the body’s stress response mechanisms (including adrenal gland hormone production) are operating ‘at full pelt’ every day for long periods. This results in a loss of biochemical elements involved in the production of hormones related to stress and metabolic disorders. The body becomes exhausted, the immune system weakened. A high level of stress hormones in the blood is a reliable marker of how fragile the body is.
Unfortunately, those suffering from chronic stress are not always aware of it. They don’t realise that it’s putting them at risk of permanent damage to their health. The main consequences of chronic stress include:
- an acceleration in ageing;
- nutritional deficiencies;
- an immune deficit;
- stomach ulcers;
- mental health problems (anxiety, structural changes in the brain, substance dependence …) ;
- worsening of diseases.
What does Adrenal Support contain and what benefits does it offer?
Our supplement Adrenal Support contains highly effective adaptogens and nutrients that have been extensively studied by scientists.
- An extract of maca (Lepidium meyenii), a plant native to South America belonging to the crucifer family, which, with its glucosinolates, macamides (also called benzyl alkamides) and macaenes, supports physical and mental health.
- An extract of tulsi (Ocinum sanctum) which supports respiratory health, relaxation, and vitality, and helps to maintain optimal mental health.
- Eleutherococcus and rhodiola, two adaptogens which support cognitive performance. According to the definition given by the Russian pharmacologist Nicolaï Lazarev, these are natural substances “capable of inducing in an organism a state of non-specific increased resistance enabling it to to counteract stress signals, and adapt to exceptional effort”.
- L-Tyrosine, the essential compound from which the adrenal glands produce catecholamines.
- Vitamin C in a non-acidic form (Ester C®), which helps to reduce fatigue, support the immune system and protect cells against the oxidative stress that causes ageing. It is a patented ingredient designed to stay in the body for longer and to be suitable for the most delicate stomachs (which is often the case with stressed individuals).
- Zinc and magnesium, to protect cells against oxidative stress, and support normal nervous system function, respectively.
This synergistic supplement is therefore well-suited to those who feel as if they are constantly having to deal with stressful situations.
How should Adrenal Support be taken?
We recommend taking 2 tablets a day, or as advised by your therapist.
Throughout the supplementation period, it’s also advisable to follow the measures below:
- Ensure you get plenty of restorative sleep (7-8 hours).
- Stop for regular breaks during the day to reduce your stress levels.
- Take regular exercise.
- Eat a balanced diet, avoiding stimulants such as coffee and alcohol.
- Boost your resistance to stress even more by combining Adrenal Support with other supplements such as Adaptogenic Potion, an Ayurvedic formulation rich in holy basil, or Stress Relief Formula, with a high content of passiflora for inducing a state of calm, and promoting restorative sleep.