Pterostilbene Supplement - Anti-Inflammatory and Antioxidant Action
Pterostilbene is a bioavailable form of revesratrol in vegetarian capsules, with anti-inflammatory, anti-neoplastic and antioxidant properties.
What is Pterostilbene?
Pterostilbene (4'-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxystilbene) is a nutrient from the same family as resveratrol. It is actually a double methylated version of resveratrol which means:
- It has greater bioavailability (around 80% for pterostilbene compared with only 20% for resveratrol).
- It is easily transported into cells (with two to four times better cellular uptake than resveratrol).
- It breaks down and is eliminated from the body more slowly, with a half-life around seven times longer than that of resveratrol.
This valuable substance has been the subject of numerous studies emphasising its considerable benefits to human health. These studies have focused on the “trans” isomer of pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is naturally present in blueberries but at levels much too low for it to be fully active and exert all its benefits. You would actually need almost 100 kilos or so of blueberries to obtain a clinically relevant amount of pterostilbene.
What are the benefits associated with Pterostilbene?
Pterostilbene acts via fundamental biological interactions to control gene expression and modulate enzyme activity.
You can buy this nutritional supplement of the first order that is easy to use, either on its own or in combination with resveratrol, with which it acts synergistically on longevity genes, enhancing resveratrol's anti-ageing benefits and preventing or combatting numerous disorders harmful to human health. PteroPure® is the only patented, clinically-studied form of trans-pterostilbene. Its purity is over 99%.
Given the multiple benefits of pterostilbene cpasules, this bioactive compound also features in the formulations of other potent antioxidant blends available to buy at Supersmart such as the anti-ageing product . Along with pterostilbene, this contains , the active form of resveratrol, polydatin, a resveratrol glucoside, and fisetin, which has a stabilising effect on resveratrol. Discover too, the formulation which combines 12 natural extracts with antioxidant properties, including an extract of Japanese knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum Sieb.) standardised to 98% resveratrol.
What do studies show about Pterostilbene?
- The journal Apoptosis reported on a study carried out in 2012 which highlighted that pterostilbene protects against atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- In studies on mice and human cells, pterostilbene prevented accumulation of LDL-cholesterol and protected against oxidative stress, a biological process considered a key factor in the development of cardiovascular disease.
- Its effect on blood lipid profiles conferred much higher protection against stroke than Ciprofibrate, a drug widely prescribed for hypercholesterolaemia and which acts like pterostilbene as an agonist for nuclear receptors with PPAR- α transcription factor function. By improving blood flow, pterostilbene also normalises diastolic and systolic blood pressure.
- Pterostilbene improves overall concentration and short- and long-term memory.
- It has a calming, de-stressing effect which relieves anxiety and nervous tension.
- A study on mice published in 2012 (in Neurobiology of Ageing), showed that it had a protective effect against age-related cognitive decline. The study's authors attribute the improvements shown in cognitive tests to a reduction in inflammation-associated factors.
- Pterostilbene's antioxidant power enables it to neutralise free radicals associated with oxidative stress and to maintain the antioxidant status of elderly cells.
- Researchers have demonstrated in rats that pterostilbene can reduce blood sugar by around 56% (making its efficacy comparable to that of Metformin, a drug widely prescribed for type II diabetes), while restoring insulin and glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c) to normal levels. Pterostilbene thus improves carbohydrate metabolism and its energy-regulating mechanism means it can be easily incorporated into weight loss programmes.
- For sports enthusiasts, pterostilbene enables a speedier recovery and return to normal parameters, improved mitochondrial energy function (ATP production) and quicker production of nitric oxide via the eNOS (endothelial nitric oxide synthase) pathway.
|Dose journalière : 1 capsule
Number of doses per pack : 30
|Amount per dose
| Other ingredients : Acacia gum, rice flour.
pTeroPure®, Chromadex, USA.
Directions for use
Adults. Take one capsule a day or as advised by your therapist
Value for money
produit indispensable pour les problèmes cardiaque.
Je suis tjours aussi satisfaite de supersmart. Cliente depuis plus de 10 ans.
BON COMPLEMENT ANTI-OXYDANT
Produit cher par rapport aux laboratoires concurrents
Très intéressant pour la protection du système cardio-vasculaire