Magnolia Bark Extract Supplement - Adaptogenic to Improve Stress & Mood
Magnolia bark extract is a relatively inexpensive phytonutrient which has been used safely for two thousand years in traditional Chinese medicine, now available to buy at Supersmart. Recent studies confirm its efficacy in a remarkably wide range of disorders.
What are the benefits associated with Magnolia Bark Extract capsules?
It is only recently, however, that studies have highlighted the amazing health benefits of two of Magnolia's constituents, honokiol and magnolol. We have chosen a product which is standardized to contain 90% honokiol and magnolol in order to guarantee a high content of active principles.
Honokiol and magnolol reduce anxiety and stress without causing drowsiness: Honokiol has an anti-anxiety effect which is complemented by the anti-depressant effect of magnolol. In one animal study, honokiol showed a similar level of efficacy to diazepam (a well-known anti-anxiety drug), but without the sedative and habit-forming side effects of the drug.
Have a beneficial effect on the activity of several neurotransmitters and helps normalize and protect cerebral function.
Honokiol and magnolol are powerful antioxidants (in vitro, up to 1000 times more potent than alpha tocopherol at inhibiting lipid peroxidation). Other studies on laboratory animals show that they protect against free radical damage to mitochondria in the liver, heart and brain.
Studies variously show that magnolia extract inhibits proliferation of several types of cancerous cell, that it may be an effective palliative treatment for leukaemia and that it also has significant anti-angiogenic activity, helping to cut off blood supply to tumours.
Other research demonstrates Magnolia extract's efficacy in a range of disorders such as common, hospital-transmitted septic infections, treatment of inflammation and pain, prevention and control of asthma, fungal and bacterial growth.
Buy Magnolia Bark Extract capsules for adaptogenic benefits.
Other supplements of interest from Supersmart
As well as supplementing with Magnolia Bark Extract, you may find these other nutritional supplements of interest too.
Discover the properties of Peptidea®, a fish protein hydrolysate that plays a regulatory role in the nervous system.
See also Adrenal Support, synergistic formula to support adrenal gland health.
|Daily serving: 2 capsules
Number of servings per bottle: 30
|Extract of Magnolia officinalis,
standardised to contain 90% honokiol and magnoliol
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice flour.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 150 mg extract of Magnolia officinalis.
Directions for use
Take two vegetarian capsules a day, at mealtimes.
Value for money
- Watanabe, K., Watanabe, H., Goto, Y., Yamaguchi, M., Yamamoto, N., Hagino, K. (1983) Pharmacological properties of magnolol and honokiol extracted from Magnolia oficinalis: central depressant effects. Planta Med. 49: 103-108
- Sarrica, A., Kirika, N., Romeo, M., Salmona, M., & Diomede, L. (2018). Safety and Toxicology of Magnolol and Honokiol. Planta Medica. doi:10.1055/a-0642-1966
- Hyung Eun Yu, Soo Jin Oh, Je Kyung Ryu, Jong Soon Kang, Jin Tae Hong, Jae‐Kyung Jung, Sang‐Bae Han, Seung‐Yong Seo, Young Heui Kim, Song‐Kyu Park, Hwan Mook Kim, Kiho Lee, Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism of 4‐O‐Methylhonokiol in Rats, Phytotherapy Research, 10.1002/ptr.5033, 28, 4, (568-578), (2013).
- Lai JS, Hiles S, Bisquera A, et al: A systematic review and metaanalysis of dietary patterns and depression in community-dwelling adults. Am J Clin Nutr 2014; 99:181–197
- Jacka EN, Pasco JA, et al. Dietary omega-3 fatty acids and depression in a community sample.Nutr Neurosci. 2004 Apr;7(2):101-6.
- Brosse AL, Sheets ES, et al. Exercise and the treatment of clinical depression in adults: recent findings and future directions. Sports Med. 2002;32(12):741-60. Review