Alkaline Formula | Alkaline Supplement
Alkaline Formula provides a synergistic combination of ingredients known for their ability to neutralise the excess acid produced by today's diets and lifestyles. Modern diets tend to create excess acid and upset the body's acid-base balance, the latter being essential for good health. Other factors such as stress, lack of physical exercise or oxygenation, add to the problem and such imbalances can lead to numerous health problems, osteoporosis being one of the most notable.
What are the ingredients in Alkaline Formula?
- Glycine, an amino acid, boosts the protein buffer system involved in regulating the body's acid-base balance;
- Ginger root extract is traditionally used to treat ulcers and dyspepsia. It also prevents drug- or stress-induced ulcers;
- Licorice root extract is known to help heal ulcers and gastritis associated with hyperacidity. Research has also shown that it directly absorbs acids and increases pH in biological systems;
- Chamomile extract has a spasmolytic effect, largely due to its apigenin content. Its ability to maintain the body's acid-base balance has been demonstrated in studies conducted by Japanese researchers;
- Parsley, which is particularly rich in potassium, acts as a natural, mild diuretic and helps the kidneys excrete sodium and water;
- Papain, an enzyme extracted from papaya, promotes digestion of proteins, thus helping to regulate the body's acid-base balance.
- Alkaline minerals help neutralise metabolic acidosis and prevent the loss of bone mineral caused by acidosis.
Supplementing with alkaline minerals increases blood and urine pH:
- citrates (calcium and magnesium) are base salts of weak acids rapidly eliminated in the form of carbonic acid. Citrate salts are absorbed and metabolised to bicarbonates, acting as systemic alkalinisers, potassium phosphate.
- Phosphorus in the form of phosphate is essential in order for the kidneys to perform their function of regulating blood pH. Supplementing with potassium salt restricts the urine calcium excretion and bone resorption induced by a high sodium chloride intake;
Inexpensive pH papers are available from pharmacies which will provide your body's pH via a urine test.
|Daily serving: 4 tablets
Number of servings per bottle: 15
| Calcium citrate (including 100 mg elemental calcium)
| Magnesium Citrate (including 32 mg of elemental magnesium)
| Potassium phosphate (including 264 mg elemental potassium)
| Licorice root extract (standardised 3% glycyrrhizic acid)
| Ginger root extract (standardised 5% gingerol)
| Chamomile extract (standardised 2.5% apigenin)
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum.
Directions for use
Take one to two tablets, morning and evening, until the recommended pH is achieved (between 7.1 and 7.5).