L-OptiZinc® 30 mg
L-OptiZinc® is a unique, patented form of methionine-bound zinc, the amino acid best absorbed by the body. Studies show that OptiZinc® is better absorbed, retained longer and is more effective than any other zinc supplement. What's more, in contrast to other zinc supplements, the bioavailability of the zinc is not affected by the type of food or amount of fibre consumed. It also has greater antioxidant potency, equivalent to vitamins E, C and beta-carotene, offering effective cell protection against free radical attack.
Zinc is a trace element essential to a number of vital cell functions including growth, development, reproduction and digestion, as well as cerebral, nervous, immune and visual functions.
Research has shown that zinc:
- is an essential component of zinc/copper superoxide dismutase, an important antioxidant enzyme, capable of neutralising harmful superoxide radicals. It appears that maintaining proper levels of SOD and zinc is particularly important for longevity, since ageing is associated with accumulated damage caused by Reactive Oxygen Species;
- plays a very important role in the function of the immune system. It is essential for the development and activation of T-lymphocytes - white blood cells that fight infection. In humans, zinc deficiency results in a decrease in T lymphocytes and ability to combat infection and heal wounds;
- eases symptoms and reduces the duration of the common cold;
- reduces incidence of respiratory infections (colds, flu), generation of inflammatory cells and markers of oxidative stress;
- halves the risk of developing pneumonia in elderly people in nursing homes; it also reduces antibiotic treatment times and convalescence periods;
- regulates cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2), an enzyme involved in inflammation and pain as well as in the development of certain cancers. A study on an animal model showed that zinc deficiency encouraged tumour growth and an excess of COX-2, while supplementation reduced levels of the latter and incidence of tumours;
- is essential for growth and maturation; deficiency is linked with cognitive deficits and delayed growth including a delay in male and female puberty.
|Daily serving: 1 tablet
Number of servings per bottle : 120
|L-OptiZinc® (providing 30 mg elemental zinc)
||150 mg |
| Other ingredients: calcium carbonate, stearic acid, maltodextrin, croscarmellose sodium, shellac. |
Directions for use
Take one tablet a day, preferably with food.