Natural Sleep Formula | Sleep Supplement
Natural Sleep Formula is a combination of natural active principles for promoting sleep, in a single capsule. Each supplement contains 350mg of valerian root extract, 100mg of hop extract, 200mg of Rhodiola rosea root extract, 50mg of Eschscholzia californica root extract and 350mg of L-tryptophan.
The recommended dose for this optimal formulation is one to two capsules, taken before bedtime, though this can, of course, be adapted to your needs and to the advice of your therapist. Two other supplements for tackling sleep problems and helping you manage stress better are and .
What are the ingredients in Natural Sleep Formula?
Natural Sleep Formula contains several ingredients that act synergistically to help naturally restore good quality sleep, without the common side-effects of sleeping tablets:
- Valerian root extract has a tranquillizing effect, traditionally used to reduce nervous tension, particularly in the case of sleep problems. Controlled studies have shown that valerian root extract reduces the time it takes to fall asleep and improves the quality of sleep. One study found that valerian extract increases the percentage of the slow wave sleep phase, the deepest and most restorative phase. The efficacy of valerian extract when combined with hop extract has also been demonstrated. The ability of L-tryptophan to induce drowsiness was first recorded in 1962. Over 50 studies examined the effects of tryptophan as a sleeping aid and the consensus was that even at a low dose, it can halve the time it takes to fall asleep in cases of mild insomnia. It also improves sleep quality.
- Rhodiola rosea root extract acts as an adaptogen, modulates the production of stress hormones and helps maintain the balance of other hormones. Older people have raised stress hormone levels during the night which can affect sleep. Rhodiola rosea root extract re-establishes hormone equilibrium, thus promoting drowsiness and improving sleep quality. When given to students during exam periods, Rhodiola extract reduced mental fatigue, improved sleep habits and decreased sleep requirements.
- Hop extract is traditionally used, in particular, for its sedative and hypnotic properties in cases of sleep disorders. It helps relieve tension and anxiety. Several studies have shown that combined with valerian, hop extract offers an alternative to benzodiazepines for treating occasional, non-psychiatric sleep disturbances.
- Eschscholzia californica root extract contains alkaloids : protopin, in particular, has been shown to increase the attachment of GABA to post-synaptic membrane receptors in rats. In mice, an aqueous extract of Eschscholzia showed a dose-dependant effect. In humans, clinical studies have shown that Eschscholzia is effective in improving sleep problems: it reduces the time it takes to fall asleep and improves sleep quality.
- Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) is recognised as an adaptogen plant, which means it can help the body adjust to stress. It is therefore helpful for restoring the body's equilibrium and reducing the stress that can impair sleep quality.
- Californian poppy (Eschscholzia californica) is useful for reducing the time it takes to fall asleep and improving sleep quality. Its beneficial effects are related to an exceptional content in alkaloids, particularly protopine.
|Daily serving: 2 tables
Number of servings per bottle: 22.5
|Valerian root extract (4-6:1)
| Rhodiola rosea root extract
|Hop extract (5-7:1)
|Eschscholzia californica root extract
| Other ingredients : Acacia gum.
Directions for use
Take one or two tablets at bedtime or as advised by your therapist.