Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract | 150 mg
Magnolia extract is a relatively inexpensive phytonutrient which has been used safely for two thousand years in traditional Chinese medicine. Recent studies confirm its efficacy in a remarkably wide range of disorders.
It is only recently, however, that studies have highlighted the amazing health benefits of two of Magnolia's constituents, honokiol and magnolol. We have chosen a product which is standardized to contain 90% honokiol and magnoliol in order to guarantee a high content of active principles.
What are the benefits associated with Magnolia Officianalis?
Studies have shown that honokiol and magnolol:
- Reduce anxiety and stress without causing drowsiness: Honokiol has an anti-anxiety effect which is complemented by the anti-depressant effect of magnolol. In one animal study, honokiol showed a similar level of efficacy to diazepam (a well-known anti-anxiety drug), but without the sedative and habit-forming side effects of the drug;
- Have a beneficial effect on the activity of several neurotransmitters and help normalize and protect cerebral function;
- Are both powerful antioxidants (in vitro, up to 1000 times more potent than alpha tocopherol at inhibiting lipid peroxidation). Other studies on laboratory animals show that they protect against free radical damage to mitochondria in the liver, heart and brain;
- Studies variously show that magnolia extract inhibits proliferation of several types of cancerous cell, that it may be an effective palliative treatment for leukaemia and that it also has significant anti-angiogenic activity, helping to cut off blood supply to tumours;
- Other research demonstrates Magnolia extract's efficacy in a range of disorders such as common, hospital-transmitted septic infections, treatment of inflammation and pain, prevention and control of asthma, fungal and bacterial growth;
|Daily serving: 2 capsules
Number of servings per bottle: 30
|Extract of Magnolia officinalis,
standardised to contain 90% honokiol and magnoliol
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice flour.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 150 mg extract of Magnolia officinalis.
Directions for use
Take two vegetarian capsules a day, at mealtimes.