Super Maca Supplement - Energising Maca to Improve Sexual Function
Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is a turnip-like plant of the mustard family which grows on the frozen, oxygen-poor highlands of the Andes Cordillera at altitudes of between 3500m and 4575m. It has been used for thousands of years by native Peruvians for its energizing and sex-enhancing properties, as well as to improve the fertility of livestock, now available to buy at Supersmart.
What benefits do studies show about Maca?
In Peru, Maca is considered a food and is not used in minuscule amounts. If taken in powder form, at least 5 to 10 grams a day is the dose needed to obtain its considerable benefits. Towards the end of the 20th century, scientific research confirmed the traditional use of Maca to increase animal fertility.
A study showed that castrated rats supplemented with Maca displayed sexual activity that was greater than, or equal to that of normal rats.
According to Dr Gary Gordon, President of the American College for the Advancement in Medicine (ACAM), “We often hear rumours about various products such as Maca. But using this Peruvian root myself, I personally experienced a significant improvement in erectile tissue response. I call it nature's alternative to Viagra”.
Maca has also been successfully used to treat chronic fatigue syndrome. Maca-supplemented mice swim for much longer and their blood contains less lactic acid (a marker of fatigue).
A number of Peruvian doctors also use Maca to regulate ovarian function, particularly for pre-menstrual syndrome or menopause symptoms.
Maca is extremely safe, even at high doses and over extended periods.
This new Macapure extract from Naturex is the only product to be standardized (0.6%) in macamides and macaenes and is the product used in the above-mentioned studies. Macamides and macaenes are present in Maca in only very small quantities. But the researchers at Naturex who discovered them have shown that the improvement in frequency of copulation and endurance directly correlate, in a dose-dependent manner, to the concentration of these compounds in the end product. Because of its concentration and standardization, Super Maca capsules gives excellent results at doses of one to two grams a day.
Buy Super Maca capsules to stimulate sexual function.
|Daily serving: 4 capsules
Number of servings per bottle: 15
|Macapure™ [extract of Maca (Lepidium meyenii)]
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, white rice bran.
Macapure™, Naturex, France
Each vegetarian capsule contains 450 mg Macapure™.
Directions for use
Take two to four vegetarian capsules a day, as required.
Value for money
B LE PICAULT
aprés quelques mois d utilisation du mieux mais pas tout a fait ça encore
Produit assez efficace, permettant une bonne forme régulière.
je connais bien maca et ses effets sexe mais pour l'hypertrophie de la prostate il faut du maca rouge et supersmart ne reponds pas à la question de savoir quel maca est livré
GONZALEZ JARENO Juan Andres
Cumple con las expectativas...
Je suis satisfaite des résultats.
- McKay, D. Nutrients and botanicals for erectile dysfunction: examining the evidence. Altern Med Rev 2004;9(1):4-16. 15005641
- Cicero, A. F., Bandieri, E., and Arletti, R. Lepidium meyenii Walp. improves sexual behaviour in male rats independently from its action on spontaneous locomotor activity. J Ethnopharmacol 2001;75(2-3):225-229. 11297856
- Lee MS, Lee HW, You S, Ha KT. The use of maca (Lepidium meyenii) to improve semen quality: A systematic review. Maturitas. 2016 Oct;92:64-69. doi: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2016.07.013. Epub 2016 Jul 21.
- Gonzales, C., Rubio, J., Gasco, M., Nieto, J., Yucra, S., and Gonzales, G. F. Effect of short-term and long-term treatments with three ecotypes of Lepidium meyenii (MACA) on spermatogenesis in rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2-20-2006;103(3):448-454. 16174556
- WU, H., KELLY, C.J., PINO-FIGUEROA, A., VU, H.D. & MAHER, T.J. (2013): Macamides and synthetic analogs as in vitro fatty acid amide inhibitors. Bioorg. Med. Chem., 21, 5188–5197.
- Miller MJ, Ahmed S, Bobrowski P, Haqqi TM: The chrondoprotective actions of a natural product are associated with the activation of IGF-1 production by human chondrocytes despite the presence of IL1beta. BMC Complement Altern Med 2006;6:13.
- B. L. Zheng, K. He, C. H. Kim, L. Rogers, Y. Shao, Z. Y. Huang, Y. Lu, S. J. Yan, L.C. Qien, and Q. Y. Zheng. Effect of a lipidic extract from Lepidium meyenii on sexual behavior in mice and rats. Urology 55, 2000: 598–602.
- N. A. Brooks, G. Wilcox, K. Z. Walker, J. F. Ashton, M. B. Cox, and L. Stojanovska. Benecial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause 15, 2008: 1157–1162.
- F. Gonzales, A. Cordova, K. Vega, A. Chung, A. Villena, C. Goñez, and S. Castillo. Effect of Lepidium meyenii (MACA) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in adult healthy men. Andrologia 34, 2002: 367–372
- GONZALES, G.F. (2012): Ethnobiology and ethnopharmacology of Lepidium meyenii (Maca), a plant from the Peruvian highlands. Evid. Based Complement. Alternat. Med., eCAM, 193496. doi:10.1155/2012/193496LENTZ
- CLÉMENT, C., DIAZ GRADOS, D.A., AVULA, B., KHAN, I.A., MAYER, A.C., PONCE AGUIRRE, D.D. & KREUZER, M. (2010): Inﬂ uence of colour type and previous cultivation on secondary metabolites in hypocotyls and leaves of maca (Lepidium meyenii Walpers). J. Sci. Food Agric., 90, 861–869.
- Gonzales GF, Córdova A, Vega K, Chung A, Villena A: Effect of Lepidium meyenii (maca), a root with aphrodisiac and fertility-enhancing properties, on serum reproductive hormone levels in adult healthy men. J Endocrinol 2003;176:163–168
- Gonzales GF, Cordova A, Vega K, Cheng A, Villena A, Gonez C, Castillo S: Effect of Lepidium meyenii (maca) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in adult healthy men. Andrologia 2002;34:367–372.
- Gonzales GF: Biological effects of Lepidium meyenii, maca, a plant from the highlands of Peru; in Singh VK, Bhardwaj R, Govil JN, Sharma RK (eds): Natural Products. Series: Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants, vol 15. Houston, TX, Studium Press, 2006, pp 217–242
- Gonzales GF, Córdova A, Gonzales C, Cheng A, Vega K, Villena A: Improved sperm count after administration of Lepidium meyenii (maca) in adult men. Asian J Androl 2001;3:301–304.